Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: (2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now!

FYI ... registration for the next event is now open ...

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/autoxevents/

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    I went to check it out this weekend, there was straw everywhere and it looks like some of the runoff room was built up...sometimes over a foot of grade.

Couldn't tell if drainage was improved.
    IMPROVED DRAINAGE! I can't imagine the drainage being worse, this added a new AX dimension, when to hit the wipers, don't like them on for the entire run. For those not attending, there were 3- 2" deep lakes in the course, along with a diabolically wet slippery half circle, at least in the morning session. I'm still cleaning mud out of my L/F rim.I wondered out loud if it might have been easier/cheaper to pave the whole lot,and forget all the dirt circles? All in all, still an interesting venue, surely a lot of fun in a dry scenario.

It's slippery dry too. It's a skid pad first and foremost.

I share your frustrations too, but it's not compete yet - still in progress.

Every time I've been there, there is progress. I look forward to seeing it complete! Summit is my favorite facility by a long shot!

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Every time I've been there, there is progress. I look forward to seeing it complete! Summit is my favorite facility by a long shot!
    There's progress overall, obviously, but the standing water seems to get even worse. Maybe it's my imagination. Is the curbing they put around the circles temporary? because I know I wasn't the only one helping to tear it up yesterday.

On a lighter note, thanks everyone for doing the hard parts of making my first autocross good fun. Everything went smooth enough with no surprises for a tentative rookie. It's way less scary than I always thought it would be. In fact, it seems like I may even be able to be competitive, which comes as a shock

I hope to see you guys again on 6/13. I'm signed up but I'm at VIR for Marque Madness the two days prior. We'll see how that works out.

Ron H

I'd like to thank Katie for consistently sharing the high quality photos she takes at each event. We all enjoy being able to relive moments of the autox through these pics.
    T2

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyzuko View Post
    I'd like to thank Katie for consistently sharing the high quality photos she takes at each event. We all enjoy being able to relive moments of the autox through these pics.
    + 1000

Thank you, Katie. We enjoy the pictures very much
    Last edited by mduhovich; 05-04-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    IMPROVED DRAINAGE! I can't imagine the drainage being worse, this added a new AX dimension, when to hit the wipers, don't like them on for the entire run. For those not attending, there were 3- 2" deep lakes in the course, along with a diabolically wet slippery half circle, at least in the morning session. I'm still cleaning mud out of my L/F rim.I wondered out loud if it might have been easier/cheaper to pave the whole lot,and forget all the dirt circles? All in all, still an interesting venue, surely a lot of fun in a dry scenario.
    Yeah, the rain and the lack of drainage makes things very difficult and frustrating. In fact, the course layout had to be altered to accommodate the massive pools of standing water. The middle portion would have been faster if you didn't have to avoid the water to the LHS, and then straighten the car to plow straight through the lake. Also, having to hit the wipers twice in mid run makes things even more challenging. I can't wait until we can get a dry day to really have a fun/fast/safe course. It was still fun, but I'd like to see the full potential of the site!

AutoX#2 Question

Yesterday was awesome, even in the wet! I saw the results posted and had a question for the more experienced Autocrossers here. I did five runs, with my forth time being the fastest, but the forth time was replaced by my fifth on the results sheet. So does this mean me doing a fifth run took away my forth and fastest run? I have a video of my fastest run with the time shown in the video too. Any help would be beneficial here guys, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    Yesterday was awesome, even in the wet! I saw the results posted and had a question for the more experienced Autocrossers here. I did five runs, with my forth time being the fastest, but the forth time was replaced by my fifth on the results sheet. So does this mean me doing a fifth run took away my forth and fastest run? I have a video of my fastest run with the time shown in the video too. Any help would be beneficial here guys, thanks a lot!
    You were granted a rerun due to a timing error. We only have four competition runs. Your 4th time was significantly lower due to the error.

Thanks guys! I like taking pics and I think I got at least one of everyone (I *think*). Sorry it's taking a bit longer to get them up. I'm starting to take more and have more turn out decent so it takes more time. Saturday I took over 1100 pics and over 950 were decent enough to share. Glad everyone enjoys!

~Katie

Makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that up! For future reference how do I find out if a run was an error after I finish?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    Makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that up! For future reference how do I find out if a run was an error after I finish?
    If you get more runs that you are supposed to have, then you're getting re-runs. We typically run four competition runs. Listen to the announcer as you are finishing and we typically let you know what's going on.

I know, you're new to this - it's all quite confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    Thanks guys! I like taking pics and I think I got at least one of everyone (I *think*). Sorry it's taking a bit longer to get them up. I'm starting to take more and have more turn out decent so it takes more time. Saturday I took over 1100 pics and over 950 were decent enough to share. Glad everyone enjoys!

~Katie
    Thanks! BTW: sorry my wife couldn't make it out this time. She's waiting for a perfect day: 72 degrees and slight overcast.

What traction control?

Thanks a lot for your help, cant wait for the next event! The pictures all look great by the way Katie, thanks for taking them!

Thread Information