Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now!

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Haha. Your car is so old. Well, aside from having only finger tight steering rack bolts, and 7 miles on the engine/clutch, I figure I should wait until I get at least 500 miles on it. Also, my alignment was nutty, and the battery was just sitting in the back without being held down.

Much better now though. And I've got 350miles on it now. Will push a little harder 150miles from now.
    New engine.....again?? what's under the hood now?
    T2

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    So you're suggesting they would spend hours to get the car on frame rack vs. checking alignment. Who pays for that? I've found most insurance companies won't spend the $3-400 for the labor involved unless the alignment is off or panels aren't lining up.
    already done. The frame is straight and all is well. They've ordered the parts already and everything is coming along OK for now. We'll know about the subframe once it's together, it's aligned and I drive it.

This whole episode sucks!

Oh, and I just ordered two ebay Pilot Sport A/S's for the rear. It's what I ran last season (A/S's in the rear PSII's in the front) and it seems to do very well with the setup. That's what I ran at Chapterfest with a bad subframe and stock subframe bushings....

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    That waiting for the clutch to break in is SUCH a long time. My recommended period was only 350 miles, and it was like forever.

It's well broke in now tho!
    350 miles is only about two day's driving for me...

What traction control?

Attached is the current list of entries. If you haven't signed up, what are you waiting for?

Your Autox Registrar,
    Craig
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I apologize if this question has already been asked but do we keep the number that was assigned to us in Autocross Event#1? I'm thinking about getting a proper number set. Also, who do I bribe to make my number permanent? Just kidding. Or am I?

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I apologize if this question has already been asked but do we keep the number that was assigned to us in Autocross Event#1? I'm thinking about getting a proper number set. Also, who do I bribe to make my number permanent? Just kidding. Or am I?
    The number do not remain the same, rather are assigned per event.

Just put your number request (two digits only) in the comments box during registration and we'll try our best to make that assignment.

FYI, the first number (e.g. the "1" of "143") only denotes that you are in the first session, it doesn't need to be put on the cars for our events. Just the last two.

I finally got my car back on Friday just in time to run in another event at TSP. The weather was great this time, but the traction was still subpar due to the amount of loose dirt on the course from the unfinished circles (select suitable tires is my advice). Times suffered until a "dry line" was established in the afternoon. Overall it was still a very fun venue all things considered and should be an absolute blast once they grass the culprit areas.
    Last edited by BradMW; 04-20-2009 at 12:06 PM.

I'm signed up for the AM, but I would like to switch to the PM. Should I resubmit or can that change be made without resubmitting?

Yes...and add the request in your notes.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyzuko View Post
    New engine.....again?? what's under the hood now?
    Yeah, i had to rebuild my new engine. i blew a HG, so I just did the whole thing. Its basically a stock rebuild S52. And all upgraded cooling system (Spal fan, SW water pump, aluminum radiator) should keep it from overheating again.

Looking forward to the next event at TSP. Ran with CDC there last weekend and it was slippery, got in trouble for throwing down some dorift-0 action.

Im pretty sure I signed up. how do we see who is signed up for the event?
    Last edited by joenationwide; 04-24-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Yeah, i had to rebuild my new engine. i blew a HG, so I just did the whole thing. Its basically a stock rebuild S52. And all upgraded cooling system (Spal fan, SW water pump, aluminum radiator) should keep it from overheating again.

Looking forward to the next event at TSP. Ran with CDC there last weekend and it was slippery, got in trouble for throwing down some dorift-0 action.

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4226325&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4226325&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/4226325">Summit Pt TSP April 18, 2009 - Autox turned into Drift</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1614865">Scott Blair</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>

Im pretty sure I signed up. how do we see who is signed up for the event?
    Car54 is slacking on his duties ...

Car54 is slacking on his duties ...
    hehe, yeah, i tried to embed the video, thought it was me...

hehe, yeah, i tried to embed the video, thought it was me...
    Did they seriously say something about you drifting???

Did they seriously say something about you drifting???
    Oh yeah, they screamed over the mic that I was done, and no longer allowed to run again.

Then when i got to the front of the line, they came up and said you're not running. I had to convince them otherwise, so I could take my final run! Crazy.

You guys don't mind if i throw down some controlled drifts do you?

Thread Information