Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now!

(2009) AutoX #2 - May 2 @ Summit Point - Register Now!

Registration has just opened for the second event in the season! After a very successful, fun and exciting first event at Summit Point Washington Circuit, we are now going back for our second event at the same track. The NCC BMWCCA AutoX program is targeted towards the first timer as well as the more experienced autocrosser. More information about the program can be found on our website at: http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?optio...id=7&Itemid=25

To register for our second event click the following link: http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=...list&Itemid=26

The event promotes a great social gathering of all ages and all cars. Bring your car right from the showroom, or take your project out of the garage for a spin around the cones, in a safe manner provided by our experienced NCC BMWCCA AutoX committee.

Please don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else in the committee with any questions you might have. We'll be happy to answer your questions and do everything in our power so that you may have a great experience with your car and have lots of fun at the same time.

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Scany; 04-04-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Registered but not sure what car I'll be driving so I put in the wife's IS250. My M roadster decided to spin out yesterday and hit a wall on Rt 5 in Clinton. If it's fixed, I'll drive that. If it's totaled, I'll enter whatever new car I get. If neither a) or b), it's the wife's IS250. Worried about the subframe at this point more than anything.
    Last edited by gbauer; 05-04-2009 at 03:27 PM.

What traction control?

Ouch George. Hope you didn't sustain any injuries. Cars can be replaced. You can't. When will you find out if she's totaled?

What would you get to replace her if she is?
    NCC

Sorry to hear about your accident George. Glad you're seemingly ok. +1 to above, it's basically just a car. Craig should be able to help you as an expert rear subframe issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Ouch George. Hope you didn't sustain any injuries. Cars can be replaced. You can't. When will you find out if she's totaled?

What would you get to replace her if she is?
    I should find out today.

Want to sell your car?

What traction control?

No but you can have these cars for mid 20's (for a good example). Why not consider coming to the arse engined darkside.
    NCC

Awesome! You guys are coming back to Summit in a month! Im running my car this time. Its ready to take on some V-dubya competition!

Good news: shop says the car will be fixed next week! ....at least, that's what they say right now....

Seriously though, the damage might not actually be bad at all. I think the rim took the majority of the shock. We shall see, though, when it get's on the frame straightening machine.

What traction control?

Glad to hear George.

Scott- Go easy on my VW. It's 10 years old and stock. LOL. Seriously Scott, don't know why you didn't drive your car last time. You would have easily been a contender for FTD as your car and driving are very well set up.
    NCC

Glad to hear George.

Scott- Go easy on my VW. It's 10 years old and stock. LOL. Seriously Scott, don't know why you didn't drive your car last time. You would have easily been a contender for FTD as your car and driving are very well set up.
    Rain.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Good news: shop says the car will be fixed next week! ....at least, that's what they say right now....

Seriously though, the damage might not actually be bad at all. I think the rim took the majority of the shock. We shall see, though, when it get's on the frame straightening machine.
    Frame straightening machine? That's gonna leave a mark! Did you mean to say alignment rack? You don't want them clamping at your unibody if they don't need to.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Frame straightening machine? That's gonna leave a mark! Did you mean to say alignment rack? You don't want them clamping at your unibody if they don't need to.
    Any good shop will put the car on a frame machine after it has been hit just to check it over. They'll only weld/clamp/etc. if necessary.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

So you're suggesting they would spend hours to get the car on frame rack vs. checking alignment. Who pays for that? I've found most insurance companies won't spend the $3-400 for the labor involved unless the alignment is off or panels aren't lining up.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Haha. Your car is so old. Well, aside from having only finger tight steering rack bolts, and 7 miles on the engine/clutch, I figure I should wait until I get at least 500 miles on it. Also, my alignment was nutty, and the battery was just sitting in the back without being held down.

Much better now though. And I've got 350miles on it now. Will push a little harder 150miles from now.

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Haha. Your car is so old. Well, aside from having only finger tight steering rack bolts, and 7 miles on the engine/clutch, I figure I should wait until I get at least 500 miles on it. Also, my alignment was nutty, and the battery was just sitting in the back without being held down.

Much better now though. And I've got 350miles on it now. Will push a little harder 150miles from now.
    That waiting for the clutch to break in is SUCH a long time. My recommended period was only 350 miles, and it was like forever.

It's well broke in now tho!

Thread Information