Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Diy #4

Thread: Diy #4

Diy #4

Looking forward to DIY #4 on the 11th. One of the things I'm doing is my trailing arm bushings, and I'd like to get an alignment done after this work is completed. Do we have a coordinator with whom to liase with Leehigh for this, or should I contact them directly ahead of time?

Haven't heard any info on #4 coming up anyway, so I suppose a better question would be: is it still on as planned?
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Exclamation DIY #4 Guidance

Reach et al,

Phillip Cummings is our DIYCom Coordinator for DIY #4, which is being presented as scheduled; you may contact Phillip via the contact list at our DIY site.

Please be advised that you should do all communication via the DIYCom, and that direct contact with the DIY Sponsor without our approval is not only discouraged, but would be contrary to our written guidelines. The reason for this rule is that such unauthorized contact creates far more problems for us than you might imagine.

The DIYCom soon will contact everyone who has requested registration for DIY #4, and respond about the jobs that each has requested to be able to accomplish there.

We have a DIYCom meeting at the weekend, and you will hear additional guidance from us by next Monday, as stated in our website guidance.

Hope this helps.

Slainte,

Alan
    DIYCom chair

Exclamation DIY #4 Guidance

Reach et al,

Phillip Cummings is our DIYCom Coordinator for DIY #4, which is being presented as scheduled; you may contact Phillip via the contact list at our DIY site.

Please be advised that you should do all communication via the DIYCom, and that direct contact with the DIY Sponsor without our approval is not only discouraged, but would be contrary to our written guidelines. The reason for this rule is that such unauthorized contact creates far more problems for us than you might imagine.

The DIYCom soon will contact everyone who has requested registration for DIY #4, and respond about the jobs that each has requested to be able to accomplish there.

We have a DIYCom meeting at the weekend, and you will hear additional guidance from us by next Monday, as stated in our website guidance.

Hope this helps.

Slainte,

Alan
    DIYCom chair

when should we expect to be notified whether or not we're in for this weekend?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

+1, i have to plan around painting easter eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    when should we expect to be notified whether or not we're in for this weekend?

Exclamation DIY #4 Feedback

Please expect feedback about DIY #4 by 2400 hours tonight, if not sooner.

Believe it or not, the members of the DIY Committee have been working a number of different DIY issues for several weeks, and have had two meetings in the last nine days.

We are in fact working to improve the already super DIY program for all Members' enjoyment; we have chosen to await our well-considered and face-to-face DIYCom agreement before we publically announce any changes. At times our meetings can be contentious, but we all want the samne thing - a well thought out DIY program for you! We hope you appreciate our posture.

We will be releasing additional information about our DIY program changes over the coming weeks and months, primarily via our DIY website, and also via this Message Board and other media.

SUMMARY: Please expect information about DIY #4 before 2400 hours today, and please await information about various DIY program changes to be posted on our DIY website in future. Please Also Note that our DIY website is our principal source of DIY information.

Thanks for your patience.

Slainte
    Alan
    DIY chair

Awaiting info on tomorrow, including event start time and registered 'work' list. I haven't heard anything yet about registered / walkup / etc. Payment to be taken at the site?

No pressure.

-Mike
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Mike,
    Please check your email, I just sent you a message with details concerning your participation in the DIY tomorrow. My apologies for missing you when I notified the other participants.
    Regards,
    Phillip

DIY #4 Feedback

Phillip, I wanted to say thank you for running a smooth operation today. Overall this was a nice DIY with not so many participants doing work which can take all day. I really gained a lot of knowledge of the E30 M3 by helping Oscar today. The work took longer than we had anticipated. But at the end of the day it was worth the experience.

Thanks

Michael

Use of tools during DIY

****A Little Note/Observation to/for my fellow DIYers*********

I enjoy working on my bimmer and the fact I do not have to go out and purchase all the tools needed to complete the job is great. Some of the tools a very expensive especially name brands. A Master Craftsman said "that if you take care of your tool then the tool will take care of you". Keep in mind some of the tools being borrowed or used at the DIY either belong to the club or another DIY participant. If they get damaged or left unattended somewhere in the shop then we all loose. If something breaks or gets lost in the shop make sure it gets replaced. I know that working on you bimmer can be very challenging and during those moments we forget that a tool was left behind somewhere in the shop and the owner is looking for it. I, going forward, will make every effort to treat each tool at DIY as my own. Treating it with care.

Thread Information