Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Where To Buy Number Magnets?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Where To Buy Number Magnets?

(2009) Where To Buy Number Magnets?

I would like to invest in a set of numbered magnets for this season. Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy a decent set?

Jonathan's suggestion would be easiest.

I bought from a sheet at my local craft store and made my own because I'm super cheap. It did take some time to measure and cut the numbers. Also, if you go this route, make sure the magnet is pretty thick because some of the thinner sheets won't stay put that well.

I'm due for a new set, so I might buy another sheet sometime soon and go with a NASCAR font.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Jonathan's suggestion would be easiest.

I bought from a sheet at my local craft store and made my own because I'm super cheap. It did take some time to measure and cut the numbers. Also, if you go this route, make sure the magnet is pretty thick because some of the thinner sheets won't stay put that well.

I'm due for a new set, so I might buy another sheet sometime soon and go with a NASCAR font.
    About how much do the sheets run and where would I find it in a craft store? Perhaps I should ask my wife to help me....

Jonathan: Any size I should shoot for if I make my own? You know how cheap I am....

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    About how much do the sheets run and where would I find it in a craft store? Perhaps I should ask my wife to help me....

Jonathan: Any size I should shoot for if I make my own? You know how cheap I am....
    Honestly, it might cost more to make your own than buy them. I'm cheap too!

The Izoom ones are pretty low cost.

Numbers should be atleast 8" tall.

If you get a group of people together, maybe Izoom could do a group discount.

This company has been serving the autocross community for many years. Lots of fonts and colors available:
    http://www.soloperformance.com/Solot...fg_10-0-1.html

I have with two of 2 digits. I bought a small piece of magnetic sheet from a sign store and made a couple of 1s for more flexibilty and SCCA co-drivers.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    This company has been serving the autocross community for many years. Lots of fonts and colors available:
    http://www.soloperformance.com/Solot...fg_10-0-1.html

I have with two of 2 digits. I bought a small piece of magnetic sheet from a sign store and made a couple of 1s for more flexibilty and SCCA co-drivers.
    I was completely unimpressed with the quality when I ordered from them ...

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Honestly, it might cost more to make your own than buy them. I'm cheap too!

The Izoom ones are pretty low cost.

Numbers should be atleast 8" tall.

If you get a group of people together, maybe Izoom could do a group discount.
    You could be right... some craft stores may charge a lot for magnetic sheets now. I went to Howard's in Hagerstown (in 2004) when I was living there and I was able to make enough for almost every number for $10.(http://www.howardsartandframes.com/) The Izoom offerings are quite cheap.

If you want to conform to the general (SCCA) standards on number sizing, they should be at least 8" tall and 1.5" thick. The ones I made are 10" tall and 2" thick and are easily visible. My class letters are 5" tall and 1" thick.

Also, remember to make/buy a number for each size.

Are the numbers assigned for each event? Wouldn't you need a whole set of numbers for whatever number you get that day?

I bought a huge roll of magnet from beacon graphics and cut it myself. Advantage is that if you need stickers to run SCCA events, you can make magnets for them too. One roll is enough to make 2 complete sets of numbers (4-9,0x2, 1x6, 2,3x4 is what I'm calling a set):
    http://www.beacongraphics.com/supplies/promag.html

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Are the numbers assigned for each event? Wouldn't you need a whole set of numbers for whatever number you get that day?
    If you pay Jonathan enough money, he might assign you a number of your chosing. The SCCA events let you chose your own number, subject to someone else in your class already having claimed that number.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    If you pay Jonathan enough money, he might assign you a number of your chosing. The SCCA events let you chose your own number, subject to someone else in your class already having claimed that number.
    It's not going to be me you're going to have to pay the $$$ to anymore - it will be our new online registration coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    It's not going to be me you're going to have to pay the $$$ to anymore - it will be our new online registration coordinator.
    Hey, I volunteered for that ... but don't worry, choose me and I'll cut you in on the action!

I'm looking for a set of complete numbers (1 through 10). The websites listed above only sell kits that allow you to pick 2 or 3 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by forrealb50 View Post
    I'm looking for a set of complete numbers (1 through 10). The websites listed above only sell kits that allow you to pick 2 or 3 numbers.
    They will make full number sets for you, just ask them.

However, be warned that full 8" number sets are $$$.

Thread Information