Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Camera Mount For The New Season ...

Thread: (2009) Camera Mount For The New Season ...

(2009) Camera Mount For The New Season ...

I bought the stuff here: www.panaviseonline.com

I have to say that I'm impressed. $38 for the suction cup mount is right on price-wise and the build seems to be very solid. I played around in the gay-rodge and it mounts to any weird bend in the car while keeping a nice, solid base. Also got the extension arm for the in-car mount that I fabbed up this past weekend. To do the in-car mount, I removed the plastic "sub" cover between my seats and cut up a piece of wood to fit. I didn't spend any real time to do it so, yes, I know it's not perfect but it's very, very functional. I was able to screw it into the existing threaded mounting points for the sub in the compartment so it stays in place. I then screwed the base of the mount to the wood, got out my trusted rattle-can and away I went.

Pics:

suction-mount on the rear quarter panel. This is a very curvy piece of metal so it's a good example of the mount's ability to be mounted anywhere.

Pic of mount there:

Pic from the door. For the track, I'll probably move it up a bit so I can get the front tire while driving. This will give me some really great shots!

Pic of mount there:

Pic of me pulling on mount. It's very, very solid once the air is pushed out the of the suction cups. You have to push down on the screw in the center of each cup to make them solid.

Pic of the in-car mount minus the camera as I was using it at the time...

Pic from that position:

The guy at Panavision said that the drifters are using this mount for video cameras. As long as the camera is under 2 lbs, it'll handle it up to about 140+ (at least that's as fast as the company owner had his car up to while one was installed...).

Can't beat it for the price!

What traction control?

Thanks for the review! I was actually about to look for one if you would believe it.

Ordered one today as well. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    ]

The guy at Panavision said that the drifters are using this mount for video cameras.
    What about the Moonglows, Coasters, and Clovers? Never mind - you're too young to know what I'm talking about.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Woody, you still have the curb feelers on the M Coupe?

Vic
    No, but looking at the wheels, I wish the previoius owners did.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    What about the Moonglows, Coasters, and Clovers? Never mind - you're too young to know what I'm talking about.
    I read about those things once in a really, really old history book.

What traction control?

Woody

Here's some videos:

suction mount on a headlight:

extension installed inside car:

I also have one from my bumper that I'm uploading now.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Damn, I'm not, that's kinda scary!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Yo i agree panavise definitely has good products here. i use this camera mount

its the panavise 809 and its $20 shipped at buy.com!

i use a big JVC camera with a 7 hour battery on it. i know its kind of heavy but i think this is a good testiment of how good it is.

i put it on the tank of my bike. i didnt have it video taping during the crash but here is a picture from when i showed up at home

the camera didnt even move from where i had put it.

(fell off the road into mud btw)

here is a vid from the last autocross (suctioned to my back window)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkPB7-ScQE
    Last edited by Walka; 04-02-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walka View Post
    Yo i agree panavise definitely has good products here. i use this camera mount

its the panavise 809 and its $20 shipped at buy.com!

i use a big JVC camera with a 7 hour battery on it. i know its kind of heavy but i think this is a good testiment of how good it is.

i put it on the tank of my bike. i didnt have it video taping during the crash but here is a picture from when i showed up at home

the camera didnt even move from where i had put it.

(fell off the road into mud btw)

here is a vid from the last autocross (suctioned to my back window)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkPB7-ScQE
    I was faster.

I'm surprised at how little the single cup mount bounced. I thought it would have been far worse. Seems to work well for interior shots. Have you tried it on the outside of the car? I have no doubt that it'll stay on after surviving a crash like it did on the bike, but does it bounce more in the wind? It looks like your single-cup mount has a locking mechanism for the suction cup. The three cup mount doesn't but I can tell you that it holds on really, really well.

What traction control?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO8ygug_bR8

here is a vid, all of us have the same mount, but we lost the footage to the other bike. but yea the locking mechanism is key since its a single cup. im sure with three that isnt going anywhere haha

Thread Information