Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Race of Champions

Thread: Race of Champions

Race of Champions

This is pretty cool....it's a cross between autox and Top Gear's celebrity lap.

Starts April 5th on HD Theater. I've seen ads, but can't seem to find a link on the website.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

This is a very cool event. It used to run in the Canary Islands on an outdoor course. Now it's indoors - Paris recently and Wembley Stadium in London this past December. Current and former F1 drivers, rally drivers, motorcycle champs, and NASCAR drivers.

Warning - the homepage of the website has spoilers.
    http://www.raceofchampions.com/
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

It aired on SPEED channel or maybe Versus at some odd hour back in December when I saw it.

I was in Paris in 2004 at the time of the event, but had prior obligations. I did get to attend a parade they did for the event down Les Champs-Elysées with several of the cars that year including Schumi in his F1 car. I'll see if I can track down some photos from that later tonight.

That link is talking about 2008...same thing?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    That link is talking about 2008...same thing?
    Yeah, I didn't click the link... I watched the 2008 event on SPEED or Versus or some other channel back in Dec of 2008. I think the last few years it has been at Wembley in the UK.

It is a pretty cool event.

They have it each year, but I was living in Paris in 2004 when they had it there. I only made it to the parade on the day of the event.

My FiOS on-screen program guide shows it being on HD Theater at 9pm Sunday - only one hour though.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information