Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Exterior light replacement

Thread: Exterior light replacement

Cool Exterior light replacement

Am looking to replace my front,rear and side marker lights with Euro lights. Any advice on taking off original would be appreciated, including a web site with manual documentation for '04 E46.

E46 lights pop off pretty easily. Lots of places to buy the parts as well. Are you replacing your taillight assemblies as well? These are a bit trickier, because you need to unbolt them from the trunk. I changed out the markers on my Z3 Roadster and Coupe, and all of them are spring loaded and easy to take off. The hardest thing is to change out the headlight assemblies, and I never ended up doing that on the Roadster. The new Coupe has white markers in the headlights, so no need to switch them!

Thanks for the feedback. I just finished switching out the front and rear lights. On the '04 you need to get both the tail and trunk pieces. The hardest part was switching out the tail because of all the stuff you have to take off first in the trunk to get to the lock nuts. Then after trial end error with the new tail lights that wouldn't fit, found that there are a couple of plastic nodules that needed to be cut back. After that it was easy. The front corners were easy if you follow the users manual. It makes a big difference on the car. I have Jet black paint so the front is now continuous clear/chrome.

Thread Information