Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Thoughts on rotors and pads?

Thread: Thoughts on rotors and pads?

Thoughts on rotors and pads?

My 2005 330i ZHP is due for new pads and rotors. As much as I like to think that I'll track and autox it at some point, the fact is I haven't (not saying I won't, just hard to find time). I like the stock brakes, and brake dust doesn't bother me as it does some. I also have no intention of upgrading sizes or anything.

Does anyone have thoughts on what I should replace the stock pads and rotors with? I'm leaning toward going with oem stock parts, but am soliciting end-user opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by eadmik View Post
    My 2005 330i ZHP is due for new pads and rotors. As much as I like to think that I'll track and autox it at some point, the fact is I haven't (not saying I won't, just hard to find time). I like the stock brakes, and brake dust doesn't bother me as it does some. I also have no intention of upgrading sizes or anything.

Does anyone have thoughts on what I should replace the stock pads and rotors with? I'm leaning toward going with oem stock parts, but am soliciting end-user opinions.
    Stick with stock rotors if you're happy with them. You should be able to save some money shopping around online for OEM Zimmerman blank rotors. Opinions vary on brake pads. The OE pads have good initial bite and work fine for daily driving & auto-x. Stock pads should be okay for your first track event (depending on the track), but you will quickly outgrow them.

Try http://www.zeckhausen.com/technical.htm He is a brake Guru, and is very helpful.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Thread Information