Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW tool 312240 - ball joint removal tool

Thread: BMW tool 312240 - ball joint removal tool

BMW tool 312240 - ball joint removal tool

I decided to acquire the very expensive, but hopefully also very useful, BMW tool (312240) to pop out control arms and tie rods on my E39 without destroying them or swearing up a storm.

Here a picture of it:
    http://www.tooladdiction.com/bmw_312...joint_tool.htm

If anyone ever needs this tool, just let me know. I will gladly lend it, in exchange for a very small fee The tool is meant for E39, E38, E52 and E53. Don't know if other models can benefit from it also.

Good to know someone has one. Thanks!
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Sure beats a pickle fork.

Got it today. Way bigger than I thought! Solid stuff.

Got home and did all four control arms in 10 min. Granted I have the whole knuckle off the car. Bang! is how it comes off It's a little nerve wrecking waiting for it. It's like a gun shot!

Some of the best $200+ I've spent on a tool.

Where did you pick it up?

I've had good luck recently with http://www.baumtools.com/search.php
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    Where did you pick it up?

I've had good luck recently with http://www.baumtools.com/search.php
    Tischer BMW

Baum Tools seems good, but their version of this tool is not the same. Did some research and many have bought these in varied shaped and still had problems. Might get that MacPherson spring compressor kit they have though. I hate my AutoZone things, though they do the job. But I usually put shorter springs on so I don't have to struggle with assembly where a good compressing kit really comes in handy.
    Last edited by Scany; 03-25-2009 at 10:51 PM.

I got the autozone compressor, and it's a chore to use. The Baum one looks to be a lot easier to use
    Supercharged '03 530

Thread Information