Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
SPOILER ALERT: Speed World Challenge Results

Thread: SPOILER ALERT: Speed World Challenge Results

SPOILER ALERT: Speed World Challenge Results

Congratulations to Seth Thomas and Bimmerworld!

SpeedTV will be broadcasting the replay on March 31st at 1:00 PM.
    Last edited by Scotty; 03-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    [URL="http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=1212"]
    SpeedTV will be broadcasting the replay on March 31st at 1:00 PM.
    If Speed is showing it for the first time on the 31st, is that really a "replay"?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

OK, for those of us that weren't there, the "play" is on the 31st.

I wonder why Speed waits so long. For crying out loud, they are the primary sponsor of the entire series. You'd think the priority would be a little higher...

I guess all those reruns of Pinks, Pass Time, Wrecked, and Unique Whips are more important.

Scott Lowrey

OK, for those of us that weren't there, the "play" is on the 31st.

I wonder why Speed waits so long. For crying out loud, they are the primary sponsor of the entire series. You'd think the priority would be a little higher...

I guess all those reruns of Pinks, Pass Time, Wrecked, and Unique Whips are more important.

I think some of the delay in televising the Speed World Challenge and Koni Challenge events is the desire/need to edit the show for a certain time frame. I know, the WC is a 50 minute race in an hour time slot. I used to love it when Speed had Ralph Shaheen on the doing same-day announcing of a World Rally Championship event from Portugal and a Hooters Cup stock car race from South Boston, Virginia.

Note that Pinks and the other stuff you mentioned are the only shows Speed shows these days in prime-time. Well, some NASCAR talk-stuff too now that the season has started. They say these shows get a far bigger audience than real road racing.
    Woody

I see that this race is no longer on today's schedule. I searched SPEED by category and also used the text search ("touring car", "scca", "SPEED") and found nothing.

So, I suppose we'll be watching the World Challenge GT and touring car races over a cup of hot chocolate next winter?
    Scott Lowrey

Sebring World Challenge on TV

I just got this reply from one of the drivers:

Show not done yet – new producers took longer than expected to make all the stock images. Hoping for April 15.
    Woody

Looks like your source is correct. I searched tonight on my Comcast schedule and found it listed: 12 noon EDT on April 15. Listing says World Challenge touring cars and GT at Sebring, or something to that effect. Both races in one show?

The SpeedTV web site sort of confirms this. The noon time slot on that day says "NA" for the title and "Sebring" for the episode.

Recording is scheduled!
    Scott Lowrey

Listing says World Challenge touring cars and GT at Sebring, or something to that effect. Both races in one show?
    I remember seeing someone complaining on Bimmerforums a while ago that Speed was reducing the coverage to 1/2 hour for each race. I guess it's true. Damn! And Speed is the title sponsor.
    Woody

There probably wasn't enough wrecks to fill an hour. It seems that the Pass Time/Pink viewer is more interested in the drama AROUND the racing than the race itself.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

If you set your DVRs for the planned showing on SpeedTV this afternoon - sorry. Speed has now postponed the broadcast of the March 20 Sebring race until May 11.
    Woody

The Sebring Race is on Monday at noon

Well, at least it is shown on speedtv.com as being on.
    Woody

Thread Information