Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Z3 roominess?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Z3 roominess?

Z3 roominess?

Anybody have any comment on interior room in a Z3 vs. 04 Miata, I'm a little cramped in the Miata, 6' 230, and am looking at a 00 Z3 M ? Its not close by to test fit. Bob

I'd recommend you try to find any Z3 for a test fitting. Surely there's one near you.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

if you come out to the autox this weekend, you can sit in mine. or, if you come to a social, let me know, and be sure to drive my roady.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

5'11" and was 250# (now a tad lighter).

I fit fine. You're more than welcome to sit in my car if you want to come out to the autox this weekend.

6', 180 lbs. No problems.

Between Jon and I we have the height and weight covered...

Just come out to the autocross on Saturday and you can do some ride-alongs to really get a feel for the Z3 (but whatever you do, don't sit in an M roadster or coupe or else you'll just end up spending 5k more than a normal Z3 when you buy your next car...)

What traction control?

I'll be there in mine too. 02 Roadster. My wife is 6 foot and she has no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    6', 180 lbs. No problems.

Between Jon and I we have the height and weight covered...

Just come out to the autocross on Saturday and you can do some ride-alongs to really get a feel for the Z3 (but whatever you do, don't sit in an M roadster or coupe or else you'll just end up spending 5k more than a normal Z3 when you buy your next car...)
    UhOh! The car I'm looking at is an MZ3, but very cheap, a little bent.

I'm 6'6" and I'm just a little too tall for a Z3 roady. I've never been in a Z3 coupe. Z4 was no problem though, for either model.

At 6' I think you'll be fine, as mentioned by the owners above. I like the idea of coming to a social to see the beast you want though!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Smile Horray for Z3's

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    UhOh! The car I'm looking at is an MZ3, but very cheap, a little bent.
    A little bent sounds like a lot of trouble. Find out repair costs and determine from there. M roadies with the s52 are going to be cheaper than the s54's but cheap mod options in the s52's can bring them close to the stock s54's. You can even get a supercharger to fit in the older ones without redesigning the engine bay, sort of. You really can't use that power unless you're modifying the entire suspension. Z3's are best left "mainly" stock unless racing is all you plan to do with it. BMW has balanced ride with performance nicely. I have a '01 m roadster and love it, (2nd gear power slides through an intersection are my favorite , changes your entire perspective of the boring left turn on green arrow routine. Just don't let the rear end pass the front, very embarrassing !!)
    This is only my opinion based on things I've seen. The Z3 is very fun to drive and you'll never see body lines like them again.
    Last edited by Zcruizer; 03-27-2009 at 11:37 AM.

6' 210, not that comfortable in the Z3. The footwell is my issue.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Are you getting the Z3 to autocross? I'm not making the connection.

6'0 175lbs here...Z3 fits great.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    A little bent sounds like a lot of trouble. Find out repair costs and determine from there. M roadies with the s52 are going to be cheaper than the s54's but cheap mod options in the s52's can bring them close to the stock s54's. You can even get a supercharger to fit in the older ones without redesigning the engine bay, sort of. You really can't use that power unless you're modifying the entire suspension. Z3's are best left "mainly" stock unless racing is all you plan to do with it. BMW has balanced ride with performance nicely. I have a '01 m roadster and love it, (2nd gear power slides through an intersection are my favorite , changes your entire perspective of the boring left turn on green arrow routine. Just don't let the rear end pass the front, very embarrassing !!)
    This is only my opinion based on things I've seen. The Z3 is very fun to drive and you'll never see body lines like them again.
    You haven't seen some of Bob's past creations... I can only imagine the ideas he has for a "little bent" MZ3.

No, I haven't seen any concoctions yet. Like to though. I was just trying to sell the Z3.

I test fit the ZM yesterday, sadly has exactly the same legroom as the Miata, every other dimension seemed a little roomier. I still think the front end looks like a horeshoe crab, but its growing on me. I made an offer, we'll have to see how the economy plays out! BTW, I still have my vortec system in a box and a lightweight flywheel for it. I'll be looking for big rubber again, I'm sure. Does the short wheelbase feel twitchy to you owners? I hat twitchy!

Twitchy....nnnnaaaahhhhh

Seriously, you should do some reading on bimmerforums.com in the Z3 section. There's a ton of good information there. If you're planning to mod your car, you're really going to want to get familiar with the little "must do" mods.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information