Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Help programming Homelink please

Thread: Help programming Homelink please

Help programming Homelink please

Okay I managed to program my last BMW (02 325i) to open our garage door that uses a rolling code, but for some reason I can't get my 09 328i programmed.

Anyone know how do make this happen?
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Learn remote in the car, then press the program button on the opener motor, then within 30s hold the car's learn button again until the garage light flashes or the door moves.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I need an engineer (...no not my husband) to figure out this programming feature for the Homelink. I've tried everyone's suggestions to date and the darn thing refuses to work. Perhaps at the social tonight??????

Unless the social is at your house, it will be difficult since you need to hit the button on the motor of the opener. Are you sure you're doing that step?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Yep, this was the first attempt (hubby hit the 'learn' button on the door opener, then I pushed and held the Homelink button on my rear view mirror -- nothing happened. I'm really frustrated. To make things worse, somehow my Bluetooth Motorolla phone is no longer paired (which was set up before I left the dealer last month). Is my new car possessed??

After many unsucessful attempts to progam my 2008 535XI, I gave up and called the number in the owners manual. The BMW center number is 1-800-355-3515. With their help I was able to get the garage door to open. The manual and car are just to complex for a non-geek to operate! Best of Luck!

Buck Cording

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    Yep, this was the first attempt (hubby hit the 'learn' button on the door opener, then I pushed and held the Homelink button on my rear view mirror -- nothing happened. I'm really frustrated. To make things worse, somehow my Bluetooth Motorolla phone is no longer paired (which was set up before I left the dealer last month). Is my new car possessed??

But you do the learn portion AFTER you hold the homelink button and the garage door opener remote button inches from each other for about 30 seconds...I think the blinking light changes. After it changes, then go and press the learn button on the opener, then press and hold the homelink button again.

You're close...give it another try!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Smile Homelink programming issue solved!

I read all the replies and figured out that the 'learn' button on the garage opener was the second step after programming using my hand hold remote. I finally have an operational Homelink button, thanks to all of you!

Congrats! Did your cell phone start working again?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information