Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW CCA announces on-track insurance coverage

Thread: BMW CCA announces on-track insurance coverage

BMW CCA announces on-track insurance coverage

*Are you insured on track? Now you can be! *Good news for track rats: The BMW Car Club of America has announced a partnership with Lockton Risk...

More...

This is great news, thanks for sharing!

I know of at least one person who totaled their car and had Lockton insurance. Insurance covered all damages even aftermarket parts installed on the car, up to the insured value. The poor guy was very happy with the way his claim was handled.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    This is great news, thanks for sharing!

I know of at least one person who totaled their car and had Lockton insurance. Insurance covered all damages even aftermarket parts installed on the car, up to the insured value. The poor guy was very happy with the way his claim was handled.
    Agreed.

Banned
    So you take you car to BMWCCA HPDE and total it. You had purchased insurance w/Lockton so you car doesn't have to be towed off the track and placed in some field off a road near the track.

However, does this new bennie make HPDE's as safe as they previously were? Or will it result in more incidents since the student's stupidity is now insured?

Also notice this insurance only covers physical damage to your vehicle and
    not any personal injury or liability. Are a valid DL and liability insurance
    still required?

Does anyone know if your everyday auto insurance company find out if you are using Lockton for HPDE's?

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Does anyone know if your everyday auto insurance company find out if you are using Lockton for HPDE's?
    From a knowledgeable agent I trust, your primary insurance company couldn't care less since they are not footing the bill.

And no, I don't think anyone is going to drive any differently knowing they are covered. But it may make safer drivers on the road that avoided DEs because of the exclusions.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I checked my insurance (MetLife), and I am covered for HPDE by my existing policy.

As long as it's not competitive (timed), they will cover.

Autocross was not as clear due to the timing and competitive aspect, I never really pursued that all the way, my agent thought it was likely covered since it's one car at a time and in parking lots, where coverage would normally apply.

Banned
    Remember this insurance from Lockton only covers damage to your car.
    I didn't notice if they offered any liability coverage etc. And I couldn't find the link to buying a plan. I did look on their website.

If you current car insurance does not cover track events then you as the student are left holding the bag for any liability if you involved in an incident. if you have an incident and your instructor suffers injury his health insurance company is coming back at you. The waivers you sign only protect the club and the track. If you damage and cause injury to other driver and instructor you could be on the hook for a significant
    hit on your finances and assets if you don't have liability coverage.

I didn't worry about this as DOD civilian employee until Clinton changed th law and allowed the salary of Feds to be garnished as the result of civil suits in the mid 90's.

Stuff happens and it may be a rare incidennt but still you need to be aware.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    I checked my insurance (MetLife), and I am covered for HPDE by my existing policy.

As long as it's not competitive (timed), they will cover.

Autocross was not as clear due to the timing and competitive aspect, I never really pursued that all the way, my agent thought it was likely covered since it's one car at a time and in parking lots, where coverage would normally apply.
    Stand by for an exclusion...they've been making there way around insurance companies the last year or so. A few people report the exclusion shortly after asking about coverage as well.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information