Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Where to go for window tinting?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to go for window tinting?

Where to go for window tinting?

One of the Club members mentioned Driven Dynamics in Rockville as a good, reliable place to go for window tinting. All I know is I'm not going back to the place that did my Acura last year.

Has anyone been to Driven Dynamics and were you pleased with their work?

i forgot if you had an e90 or e92.

i went to Driven Dynamics to have my tint done and b/c the e92 have more 'dot matrix' it took them quite a few tries to make it look right. they ended up using a black vinyl overlay to cover the dot matrix and then tint up to the overlay.

e90s dont have the dot problem
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Driven Dynamics did the tints on my wife's e39, and did a pretty good job. Lifetime warranty too.

if u go to Driven Dynamics, make sure that Art is still there. he's the only one i would trust

Do you remember how much the tint cost?
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Driven Dynamics ran an e90post special back when they first opened, and i think it was like $150

Smile

I could only manage to talk them down to $195 for the Colorsafe tint. I'll call today to see if Art is still there and schedule with him.

Thanks!
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

I had planned to take my 7 there this Saturday (3/14). Since it was a referral, I was quoted $150 plus an extra $30 for the same metal-free colorsafe tint. But I'm now having second thoughts after having read about 3M's new Crystalline window tint. It's superior to the color-stable tint and more importantly, it has better heat rejection, my primary reason for tinting. I'll be checking with them today on what that'll cost. It'll probably be in the neighborhood of the huper-optic tint.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Cool

I ended up taking my E46 to Performance Window Tinting in Columbia. I paid $120.00 to get my old tint removed and $139.00 to get a new 35% tint. They did an excellent job on my bimmer. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Here's a review of the 3M Crystalline tint: 3m Crystalline Window Tint Rear Window Comparison.

Is anyone interested? I can see about arranging a group buy discount on the stuff.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Arrow 3M Crystalline Interest!

I may be interested in participating in a group buy, depending on price, vehicle application, et cetera.

Alan
    DIY Committee

Does the 3M tint interfere with the GPS and comfort access ?
    I would be interested in the group buy.

No because the 3M crystalline film, like their color-stable film, is a a non-metallic tint. I'm still waiting to hear back from Driven Dynamics on availability and pricing. I hope to have them early next week.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

I've been doing some amateur tinting...I'm getting pretty decent at it. Does anyone here tint professionally to apply our bulk tint?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I touched base with Art at DD today and was told that being that this is their slow time of the season, that they couldn't commit at this time to purchasing the 3M Crystalline tint for just one car, which is reasonable. When I told them that I had two other potential customers (Munchenman2 and Rav7ks), they said they would reconsider it when their business starts to pick up again. In the interim, they suggested that I start collecting the names of the people that are interested in the Crystalline tint along with their car's model and type (coupe/sedan/suv) and the desired tint shade (40-70). I will be doing 40 on the sides and rear. Any other takers? Hey Swooz, how about you? Please, if you're wanting to spend under $200 for tint, the Crystalline tint isn't for you.
    Last edited by My2005_745Li; 03-23-2009 at 10:51 AM.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Thread Information