Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Where to go for window tinting? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Where to go for window tinting?

I'm in for my 1992 325i and possibly my 1995 M3
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    The same people who buy BMW license plate frames?

Vic
    Good one.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

OK, I'm glad to hear the logos can be removed. I'm back in, although I'm thinking 50% tint now instead of 40%. I don't want it to be too dark, just keep the hot out.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I am in for my 2005 325i. let me know my options I want something which is as dark as possible and also legal with VA rules.
    Who is going to submit the list.

Did anyone ever set this up with Driven Dynamics or are we just talking to ourselves here? Before I go and call them myself, just wanted to check back on the thread. Did they ever buy rolls of the 3M Crystalline tint?

I'll probably call in the next few days if there isn't a scheduled buy / event happening. Its cool and calm for a few more days but not for long.
    Mike R.

I just spoke to Art at DD and he informed me that he's expecting a sample shipment of the Crystalline tint in the next day or two for me to look at. I'll post again when I have more information.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

OK, good to hear this isn't a dead effort then... I'll await your report on it and make sure to let him know he's got customers waiting in the wings if he'll bring in the right Crystalline tint sheets.
    Mike R.

DD gave me a film selection guide with samples of the Crystalline tint. If you want to see it firsthand, I am bringing it to the April 16 Rockville social at Winston's Sports Cafe.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

So on this tint thing: I just got a chance to put huber optik ceramic tint on my e92 for $350. I did research and found out that huber is a very good ceramic tint, but I wanted some opinions on the price and anything I might have to look out for with ceramic tint. I'm thinking of going with 35% all around (yes, I know this is illegal for the passenger doors, but I prefer a uniform look).

Any advice or warnings?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thotts View Post
    So on this tint thing: I just got a chance to put huber optik ceramic tint on my e92 for $350. I did research and found out that huber is a very good ceramic tint, but I wanted some opinions on the price and anything I might have to look out for with ceramic tint. I'm thinking of going with 35% all around (yes, I know this is illegal for the passenger doors, but I prefer a uniform look).

Any advice or warnings?

Thanks!
    that price is pretty decent; i know people who paid more than that. where did you get that quote from? huber optik is a good ceramic tint; Pinnicle F1 is also good.

just make sure that you specifically ask the people doing tint how they are going to handle the 3" dot matrix in the back of your rear window. IMO anything other than a 'black vinyl overlay' would make me stay away from that shop. some shops will tell u the dots are no big deal, but i went thru 4 iterations of having them re-do the work to my likings. the most common excuse is 'let it dry a few days'; NOT!!!! while it does dry out over time, you can tell how it'll look when it dries and if it looks like ass wet, then it'll look like ass dry.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    I ended up taking my E46 to Performance Window Tinting in Columbia. I paid $120.00 to get my old tint removed and $139.00 to get a new 35% tint. They did an excellent job on my bimmer. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    Here are pic of my tint job from Performance in Columbia 18% all around.

http://gallery.nccbmwcca.org/showgallery.php?cat=635
    Last edited by slick230; 07-09-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: For got the link...

2009 ///M
    BMW CCA #: 420077
    NCC Plate: 0682

that's a referral price. my coworker is a friend of the owner. the owner said he normally charges over $400 for huber optik. the name of the place is The Tint Shop at 4004 walney in chantilly, VA. on various forums, i've only seen good reviews, so i'm expecting good results.

if anyone is interested in getting this tint, let me know what car and i will ask the owner if he can offer this price (or less?) to my club-mates.

-g-

Well, the tint is on, 40% all around, and it looks good everywhere except the dots. ^_^

The owner said the tint won't stick until it has dried some under the tint. I press on the tint at the dots and it doesn't stick to the glass. Apparently, it will stick after it has dried some? Anyway, he warned me that the dots would not dry for a week or so and said I need to bring the car back next week and he will use a card-something-or-another to press the tint down to the glass around the dots.

So I told him to go ahead with the job. He thought the vinyl overlay wouldn't look good and wanted to put the tint on the dots instead, just would require touch-up later and maybe a few times a week apart. This place is 1/2 mile from the office, so stopping by is not an issue.

So, I'm not yet satisfied, but I feel confident it will work out.

-g-

Quote Originally Posted by thotts View Post
    Well, the tint is on, 40% all around, and it looks good everywhere except the dots. ^_^

The owner said the tint won't stick until it has dried some under the tint. I press on the tint at the dots and it doesn't stick to the glass. Apparently, it will stick after it has dried some? Anyway, he warned me that the dots would not dry for a week or so and said I need to bring the car back next week and he will use a card-something-or-another to press the tint down to the glass around the dots.

So I told him to go ahead with the job. He thought the vinyl overlay wouldn't look good and wanted to put the tint on the dots instead, just would require touch-up later and maybe a few times a week apart. This place is 1/2 mile from the office, so stopping by is not an issue.

So, I'm not yet satisfied, but I feel confident it will work out.

-g-
    the tint will not stick to the dots regardless of when it's dry or after they attempt to press it down. Been there, done that. the dots are raised too high and spaced too close to get the tint to adhere uniformly; believe me, I went thru the same thing (this was what they tried first with me as well).

on the 2nd try, they tried using some type of glue to cover the gaps between the dots, and when the tint goes over that, it looks even worse. the 3rd time, we tried just tinting the rear window with nothing over the dots...NOPE. the 4th and final try was the black vinyl overlay.

i dont know why tint places think they have all the answers but i've seen this happen time and time again to all my friends that have e92s. check out e90post as well, you should get the same answer.
    Last edited by pseto; 07-10-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information