Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Where to go for window tinting? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where to go for window tinting?

Quote Originally Posted by My2005_745Li View Post
    Here are the cars I have so far:

1. Mine: '05 745Li sedan and '02 Range Rover suv
    2. Munchenman2: '82 Volvo GLT coupe, '92 Volvo 245 wagon and '92 BMW 525i sedan
    3. Rav7ks: '08 E92 M3 coupe
    4. Bimmernupe: '06 Honda Civic sedan
    5. Mcoupemindy: '97 M3 coupe and '99 M Roadster coupe

That's 9 cars. Did I forget anybody?
    I'm only in to see what the price is ...

Then I'll decide if I really want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I'm only in to see what the price is ...

Then I'll decide if I really want to do it.
    I'm sure the same goes for everyone else on the list except me.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Here are the cars I have so far:

1. Mine: '05 745Li sedan and '02 Range Rover suv
    2. Munchenman2: '82 Volvo GLT coupe, '92 Volvo 245 wagon and '92 BMW 525i sedan
    3. Rav7ks: '08 E92 M3 coupe
    4. Bimmernupe: '06 Honda Civic sedan
    5. Mcoupemindy: '97 M3 coupe and '99 M Roadster coupe

That's 9 cars. Did I forget anybody?
    I gave this list of cars to DD the other day. They said they would get back to me when they got around to working up quotes for each of the cars.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

I gave this list of cars to DD the other day. They said they would get back to me when they got around to working up quotes for each of the cars.
    It is an "M Coupe" ...

My thought is if they don't know what it is, I will not let them tint it.

"'99 M Roadster coupe" is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    It is an "M Coupe" ...

My thought is if they don't know what it is, I will not let them tint it.

"'99 M Roadster coupe" is incorrect.
    My bad. I inserted the "Roadster" by mistake.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

John,

I would like to get in on this as well. I need to tint my M3 before this next hot season comes. I'm mostly after heat & UV rejection, I would like to preserve the color of my Cinnamon interior for as long as possible.

I'd be looking for the 40% tint for my coupe's door windows, rear quarter windows, and rear window.
    Last edited by Reach; 03-26-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Another interesting tidbit:

I have been reading a few articles about this film, and apparently it has the "3M" logo watermarked into it. I would now need to see this on a finished application before I could consider getting it, as I am not interested in having any visible logos or watermarkings on my car.
    Mike R.

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    another interesting tidbit:

I have been reading a few articles about this film, and apparently it has the "3m" logo watermarked into it. I would now need to see this on a finished application before i could consider getting it, as i am not interested in having any visible logos or watermarkings on my car.
    +1
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Another interesting tidbit:

I have been reading a few articles about this film, and apparently it has the "3M" logo watermarked into it. I would now need to see this on a finished application before I could consider getting it, as I am not interested in having any visible logos or watermarkings on my car.
    those are easily taken off by the installer
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    those are easily taken off by the installer
    I'm just curious, on what basis do you say this? Do you have the tint? Have you seen it done?

I'd like nothing more than for that to be true.
    Mike R.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    I'm just curious, on what basis do you say this? Do you have the tint? Have you seen it done?

I'd like nothing more than for that to be true.
    i have 3M tint and i remember the watermarks vividly b/c Art forgot to take them off until I asked him to

A lot of my M collegues are going for the F1 pinnacle ceramic tint. I wonder how this holds up compared to the 3m. The going rate for pinnacle is $309 around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rav7ks View Post
    A lot of my M collegues are going for the F1 pinnacle ceramic tint. I wonder how this holds up compared to the 3m. The going rate for pinnacle is $309 around here.
    i've had both and personally cant tell the difference. i'd save the money and go with the 3M which i have on my e92

Paul is correct about the 3M watermark being visible in all the 3M tints. It's something that can be easily removed during the install. Apparently the installer of the tint in the article(s) didn't bother with that step.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Paul is correct about the 3M watermark being visible in all the 3M tints. It's something that can be easily removed during the install. Apparently the installer of the tint in the article(s) didn't bother with that step.
    not sure why someone would want the 3M logo all over their windows, you need to pay ME for advertising for someone else

Thread Information