Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Service engine soon

Thread: Service engine soon

Service engine soon

Folks,

I got "service engine soon" this morning, which is not the first. My BMW is 2000 323i.

WHen I started, the engine was OK but started shaking, eventually like going to explode with lots of vibration. So, I stopped and restarted, shifted to D, then moved.

I safely drove 10 miles to the office, but the warning signal won't go. It is related to "misfire" and I should check the engine at the dealer according to the manual.

It occurred a couple of times in cold morning. What would it be? Can I keep driving?

Thanks

Again, I have the same car. It could be any of a lot of things (I mean, a LOT). That said, the first things that come to mind are;

-fuel pump
    -throttle position sensor
    -mass air sensor

Also, did you notice if your "EML" light came on?

Unless you have a lot of experience w/ these cars, this (unlike your brakes) is probably something you want to have looked at by a pro...
    Last edited by Dirichlet; 02-25-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Or a bad fuel pump. Or a bad AFM. Or a bad coil.

Umm, better use the advice in the post above me.

misfire

That sounds like a wet,oily spark plug boot, from a leaky valve cover gasket, since it's intermittent. I had this several times.

Thread Information