Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Moulded Floor carpet for Euro 635 CSI
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moulded Floor carpet for Euro 635 CSI

Moulded Floor carpet for Euro 635 CSI

I am currently doing a full restoration on my fathers 1981 Euro Spec 635 it has sat since he passed in 2000, I have been looking for replacement carpet on the web, It seems at this point to be impossible to find, If anyone might have an idea where to locate it I would appreciate it, I will also need other parts along the way I am sure, So if you know of a reputable parts supplier please let me know. and any other tips i might need.
    Thanks

A quick google search seems to basically say that you have two choices: E28 carpet apparently *almost* fits and is more readily available, or you get one custom made.

How bad is the existing carpet? Is it a cleaning issue, or is it just destroyed?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Oh its bad car has been in a Garage for 8 years I t was already pretty much torn out

I don't know if they carry a carpet set for the E24, but GAHH or World Upholstery in California have some of the best carpet available for BMWs.
    There are some vendors in the GA carpet mill area that have molded sets (for my '74 2002tii) but I've not seen them in person. What I've seen online is plush or acrylic. I'll have to dig for their info, but I work in Purcellville, so come on by!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I don't know if they carry a carpet set for the E24, but GAHH or World Upholstery in California have some of the best carpet available for BMWs.
    There are some vendors in the GA carpet mill area that have molded sets (for my '74 2002tii) but I've not seen them in person. What I've seen online is plush or acrylic. I'll have to dig for their info, but I work in Purcellville, so come on by!
    World Upholstery is apparently regarded as complete and utter crap in the E24 world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    World Upholstery is apparently regarded as complete and utter crap in the E24 world.
    Interesting... They have the goods for the "classic" cars - multi-color, square-weave German wool, etc. I've not had to replace the velour-type carpet in my E28 or E30.
    I figure you'll get the scoop from one of the E24 forums.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Apparently, it's some ridiculous arrangement that you put *over* your existing carpet that does not fit well. I've never quite understood why people make crap like that.

I talked with them yesterday actually and the man who made the mould useing an existing car didnt remove the old carpet there fore it doesnt fit right, thats the story i got over the phone,

I looked into this for my 84 euro a couple of years ago. I spoke with a number of upholstery shops and the story was that "the molded carpet for the E24 is unobtainium"; so also is an exact material match. I was told that with an experienced installer using a quality carpet the difference between moulded and unmoulded is not noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupenut View Post
    "the molded carpet for the E24 is unobtainium"; so also is an exact material match. I was told that with an experienced installer using a quality carpet the difference between moulded and unmoulded is not noticeable.
    You are correct on both counts regarding an exact match and a molded kit being unavailable. I doubt though if even the experienced installer will match the same look as factory molded. There wil always be separations in the carpet simply for fit. Some kits will bind these areas. Other kits are supplied with a larger cut to allow for some overlap for a "flush look".

I have acces through a friend to a company that produces very nice kits in a variety of materials. I have personally used them in a number of restorations. If interested, I will check and provide you with a price.

Paul
    Paul V.
    NCC Concours Chair Emeritus (1991-2004)
    So many cars..so little time!!

Yes please do any information to start with at this point would be great,

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    Wow! looks like this thread is still useful. im just gonna be getting bmw carpets from world upholstery. well so sorry for digging up this thread guys. this will be better than making again same old questions. anyway do you guys have something better than world upholstery? or they are already the best? i found out this one for bmw carpets
    Last edited by ronierogers; 12-10-2011 at 12:50 AM.

All carpet sets need a little fiddling to get them to fit properly. What car are you working on?
    You can get carpet samples from the various vendors to find what you like, but you'll still have to be concerned about the fit. Some other vendors:
    http://www.gahh.com/store.php?search_for=Carpets
    http://www.globalupholstery.com/
    http://www.veteranco.com/productindex.html
    Last edited by John in VA; 12-09-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I just got digitalfit floorliners for my e92 - at the moment they dont seem to make them for old 6's however they do have a place where you can request products, and its worth a shot.

http://www.weathertech.com/product-e...er-digitalfit/

Quote Originally Posted by davidkotok View Post
    I just got digitalfit floorliners for my e92 - at the moment they dont seem to make them for old 6's however they do have a place where you can request products, and its worth a shot.

http://www.weathertech.com/product-e...er-digitalfit/
    Uh, you do realize that that is completely irrelevant, right?

Thread Information