Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Meet/Caravan - Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series - NJMP - May 3

Thread: Meet/Caravan - Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series - NJMP - May 3

Meet/Caravan - Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series - NJMP - May 3

Event organizing is not my niche and this event is still a couple months away, but I wanted to see if there was any interest in having a meet at the upcoming Rolex Grand Am Cup races on Sunday, May 3rd. The races are at the new New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. There are races all weekend long including KONI Challenge, Ford Mustang Challenge, etc., but my friends and I will only be attending all day Sunday. Since at least a half-dozen of my friends have committed to going on Sunday, I wanted to see if there was any more interest from anyone here?

If I do find out there is enough interest from you guys, we could perhaps go in as a group (National Capitol Chapter BMWCCA, e90post, etc.)? Also, I wouldn’t rule out doing a caravan-type drive to the event if interest is there.

I have already contacted some parties at New Jersey Motorsports Park about ticket pricing and possible parking arrangements for a group. With twenty or more people in our group, a discount would be available. NJMP also informed me that a car corral would be available for our group if we purchased at least forty tickets. That is quite a large number, but I wanted to at least gauge a little interest. I did not ask about a weekend-long ticket package since my friends and I are going only Sunday, but I guess I can try to find out. Even without any discount, a ticket for Sunday-only is pretty reasonable at about $40.

This is one of only two races that are within the Mid-Atlantic area this season for a major road racing series. You may ask why I chose to gauge interest for this event and not the race on April 25 at Virginia International Raceway. The only real reason is that NJMP is actually closer to Philadelphia (<1 hr), Baltimore (2.25 hrs max), and Washington, D.C. (3 hrs max) than VIR. The race will be televised on the SPEED channel the same day as the race, but on a tape delay so you can set your DVRs and look for yourself at a later date. For those of you unfamiliar with the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, the cars are the same as you see racing in January at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, a prototype class and a GT class. The prototype class regularly has at least a couple Dinan BMW-powered cars running.

These are some links that contain more information:
    General Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series website:
    http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/
    Event Details/Schedule PDF File (subject to change):
    http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2009NewJerseyprelimsched2.pdf
    New Jersey Motorsports Park website:
    http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

Please respond if you are interested, if you are a definite, and if you have any suggestions. I’m a noob at event organizing, so PLEASE let me know if I have left out any critical information. My friends and I are going to the race no matter the interest here, so depending on interest, I will update the information listed here as the date comes closer.

This should be a fantastic event. This will be the debut event for RRT's new 2009 328i E90 Koni Challenge car. Hope you'll be there to cheer us on!
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Another reason to attend the Thunderbolt event vs VIR, is the Koni Challenge race on Saturday. The Koni Challenge will NOT be part of the April 25-26 Grand-Am weekend at VIR.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I'm gonna try to make it up there, but will probably leave Saturday if so.

Just realized there's an AutoX event that Saturday... tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I'm gonna try to make it up there, but will probably leave Saturday if so.

Just realized there's an AutoX event that Saturday... tough call.
    That's one of the reasons why we're only going Sunday.

The KONI Challenge runs on Saturday right?

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    You wanna go Craig?

I may be going, but it'll be Saturday up and back same day if at all. I like Rolex, but really want to see Koni.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Quote Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
    I may be going, but it'll be Saturday up and back same day if at all. I like Rolex, but really want to see Koni.
    I'd actually prefer to see the Koni race as well, but I'm going to the NCC autocross on Saturday and have another commitment that evening.

If anyone is still interested, there are at least 9 of my friends going at the moment.

I'm out...road trip to Smokey mountains and TOTD, then to Tallahassee.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

It appears they have dropped their ticket prices considerably:

http://store.njmotorsportspark.com/s...9/65/GRAND-AM/

Note Road Race Technologies from Dulles will be entered in the Koni Challenge race in their new E90 328i. Barry Battle and Michael Dayton are the drivers. More later.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Note Road Race Technologies from Dulles will be entered in the Koni Challenge race in their new E90 328i. Barry Battle and Michael Dayton are the drivers. More later.
    I guess this is the car?

2004 325xi
    1990 Porsche 944 S2 - Track Car
    1983 Porsche 911 Targa
    1980 BMW R65

Thread Information