Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Points Event #1 - 03/28/09 (Results Posted) - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Points Event #1 - 03/28/09 (Results Posted)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I guess we can drop, in honor, the "slow" part of his name for at most an hour.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    Fixed.
    LOL true. It would be a lot to expect him to learn from this experience. He'll go back to his herky jerky on/off throttle driving style and we can resume ridiculing him.

Oh wait, we're doing that now. All is right in the universe.
    NCC

Wow,FOC in history of AX

I'm officially claiming FOC (furthest off course) in AX history, as I was of course by 110 miles, even more amazingly, I finished my final 2 runs on course, while still AT HOME! LOL #222 mystery driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'm officially claiming FOC (furthest off course) in AX history, as I was of course by 110 miles, even more amazingly, I finished my final 2 runs on course, while still AT HOME! LOL #222 mystery driver?
    Obviously someone was telling the starter that they were #222. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it. Worst case scenario, I remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yea I was wondering about that... I didn't see you or your car there lol

Obviously someone was telling the starter that they were #222. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it. Worst case scenario, I remove them.
    i remember the guy who was 222 as i was the starter who was told that.

black bmw 4door. i remember he had 222 and i had to confirm it about 4 times cause it seemed like you guys didnt believe me.>"202? 220? are you sure 222?"

btw next time as a starter none of the numbers were on my side of the car so it was difficult to get everyones number. shouldnt the number be put on both sides of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Walka View Post

black bmw 4door. i remember he had 222 and i had to confirm it about 4 times cause it seemed like you guys didnt believe me.>"202? 220? are you sure 222?"

btw next time as a starter none of the numbers were on my side of the car so it was difficult to get everyones number. shouldnt the number be put on both sides of the car?
    Good call on the # posting. I had to yell to the starter everytime because the # was on the opposite side.
    '94 e36
    '89 e24 Turbo
    '87 e24

Thanks! That helps a bunch!

And yes, numbers are supposed to be on both sides of the car.

Jonathan, Bogdan, and all the other workers who were out in the cold and drizzle all day starting at 7 am I just want to say I thought it was a great event. I suspect the other 110 drivers (63 BMWs) thought so too. Despite what it might look like in the pictures, I thought the course was safe and fair to all. To only have two cars end up off the pavement out of about 450 runs is pretty amazing. The second fastest time of the day was a relatively stock 328 (no limited slip differential) on Kumho SPT street tires. Fastest was a late-model Porsche 911. How's that for equal competition? It pretty much stayed as wet for the last run as the first.

I think the Washington Circuit proved to be a good facility for autocrossing despite its distance from DC and Baltimore. It is too bad the paddock's lower elevation prevents any view of the circuit, but I will be talking to Jonathan about an idea to improve the spectating aspect, particularily for the drivers in the current heat.

We all appreciate the quick posting of results and the pictures posted on Bimmerforums by Anthony (wrong class) Pino, Katie Thayer, and George Bauer are spectacular.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1201567
    Last edited by woodym3; 03-30-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I know that guy. He is actually on e46 M3. His name is Bert. He was right after me when we were registering. I think his number supposed to be 224. However, he forgot it and he was under impression that he was 222.. .
    Last edited by mduhovich; 03-30-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    I know that guy. He is actually on e46 M3. His name is Bert. He was right after me when we were registring. I think his number supposed to be 224. However, he forgot it and he was under impression that he was 222.. .
    Perfect ... You've just made my life 100x easier.

Thanks! That helps a bunch!

And yes, numbers are supposed to be on both sides of the car.
    I'm busy at work now, but I'll e-mail you this evening. I have an idea that may make future tech inspections go quicker and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I'm busy at work now, but I'll e-mail you this evening. I have an idea that may make future tech inspections go quicker and easier.
    I'm all ears!

I'm all ears!
    I was thinking about that. Would it work to registration/payment and tech in the same line? I would guess that would make it quicker for the participants at least. You could have tech pencil in the number of the car on that little dot sticker so the participant wont forget. But I'm just speculating and thought I'd give my to cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I was thinking about that. Would it work to registration/payment and tech in the same line? I would guess that would make it quicker for the participants at least. You could have tech pencil in the number of the car on that little dot sticker so the participant wont forget. But I'm just speculating and thought I'd give my to cents worth
    That sounds nice, however it most likely would be a logistical nightmare. Our computers must retain a physical link to the timing lights, etc. and are necessary for registration.

Tech / Registration need to be physically separated. I've never seen a successful drive through registration. Plus, the cycle time to collect funds, verify membership, enter registration information into the timing software and tech a car before serving the next person would be atleast 3-4 minutes per car. At that rate, it would take around 3 hours to register all the people just for the first session.

Having two independent teams allows for quick registration and quicker tech inspection.

Now, we could do like the SCCA does and have the participants number written on the course map / tech form - however, this adds an additional load to the person handling registration, and will slow down the process.

As far as a management perspective, we can try to refine the process, however, in my opinion, we should not try to reinvent the wheel.

Both tech inspection and registration could go ALOT quicker if we had sufficient volunteers to help with each. This past weekend, we had very little support compared to what we needed in these areas.

Thread Information