Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Confirmation of 710's tire sizing

Thread: Confirmation of 710's tire sizing

Confirmation of 710's tire sizing

Does anyone have a list of the tire sizes that the Kumho's will come in?

I am trying to see if they will make a 265/35/18.

I believe they will have a 245/40/18 tire size.

Do you think they will last one season -- especially with dual driver's -- only SCCA, NE DIV II, and a few other events. So, maybe a total of 15 events with 2 drivers.

Will I be better off getting Kumho 700's instead?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Does anyone have a list of the tire sizes that the Kumho's will come in?

I am trying to see if they will make a 265/35/18.

I believe they will have a 245/40/18 tire size.

Do you think they will last one season -- especially with dual driver's -- only SCCA, NE DIV II, and a few other events. So, maybe a total of 15 events with 2 drivers.

Will I be better off getting Kumho 700's instead?
    Did you check the Kumho site?
    http://kumhousa.com/Products/PtnDeta...=1&PtnID=EV710

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I did; but, I SWORE there were more sizes than those just listed on Kumho's site. That is a VERY small initial offering, and, aren't those pretty weird sizes to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    I did; but, I SWORE there were more sizes than those just listed on Kumho's site. That is a VERY small initial offering, and, aren't those pretty weird sizes to begin with?
    Those are DEFINATELY weird sizes. They aren't even carrying a 14" tire!

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Those are DEFINATELY weird sizes. They aren't even carrying a 14" tire!

---Eric
    What's weird about that?

-- Jason

Check the TireRack website (www.tirerack.com). They list 7 different Kumho tires in the 265/35R18 size, but I did not see the 710s listed. They did have the ECSTA V700s available in regular, heat cycled and shaved.
    Last edited by SMOODY; 01-03-2005 at 05:14 PM.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Check the TireRack website (www.tirerack.com). They list 7 different Kumho tires in the 265/35R18 size, but I did not see the 710s listed. They did have the ECSTA V700s available in regular, heat cycled and shaved.
    Someone on roadfly is selling a brand new set of Ecstas V700 in 265/35/18 for $600 I think, which is probably negotiable.

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    Someone on roadfly is selling a brand new set of Ecstas V700 in 265/35/18 for $600 I think, which is probably negotiable.
    Run away! Run away! Save yourselves!
    Ken K.|'03 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by kenkamm
    Run away! Run away! Save yourselves!
    Why, is your club not accepting new members?

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    You can get the Dunlop or Pirelli R's for less than that brand new.

I haven't drive on 710s, but I highly doubt they will last 15x8= 120 runs. You might want to budget for two sets of tires, or go with RA-1s.
    Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by FT
    I haven't drive on 710s, but I highly doubt they will last 15x8= 120 runs. You might want to budget for two sets of tires, or go with RA-1s.
    Thanks FT. Do you guys think the Kumho 700's would last that long?

It's a toss-up right now. I was thinking maybe purchasing the dunlop super sport races for raindy days and 700's for dry.

I remember JV saying that the V700's are not good tires for heavy cars. They overheat and get greasy very quickly. That does not bode well. I am wondering FT, if you think RA-1's or Dunlop SS's would be better in the long run then. If the V700's overheat and get greasy -- that would not be good with co-drivers.

Any idea on pricing of V710's anyone? Comparable to V700's or more expensive?

Found it ... here's what was posted on another site.

The first 5 are coming soon

215 - 50 - 13
    195 - 55 - 14
    205 - 55 - 14
    225 - 50 - 14
    225 - 50 - 15

Coming this Spring

225 - 50 - 16
    245 - 45 - 17
    245 - 35 - 18
    285 - 30 - 18

A 255/40 Victo is 24.8" in diameter at 27 lbs per tire; the 275/40 710 is 25.4" in diameter at 25 lbs per tire; 295/40 710 is 26.1" in diameter at 26 lbs.

I believe JD said that the 245/40 and 255/40 will not be coming until the third quarter.

James,

Avoid the Ecstas. From first hand experience with the Ecsta, and talking to Nick about the RA-1 (and driving it myself on Nick's car), it really seems that the Ecstas don't work as well on our cars as the RA-1, and don't last as long either.

I would drop Nick a PM. He has probably gone through a few sets of RA-1s by now and can give you some more detail on their wear characteristics on an E46 M3.
    Ken K.|'03 Boxster

The Ecstas were probably bought from TireRack or Rogue when Tire Rack blew them out.

Tire Rack sold them for something like $72 each. Rogue bought a bunch and sold them for $80.

If you want to spend close to $600, I have a set of 4 I would let you have for $500.

I got them for track rain tires.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Thread Information