Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW and WSBK

Thread: BMW and WSBK

Banned

BMW and WSBK

Woody,

No updates on BMW's first year effort in WSBK?
    Dave Apker and the collies

Feel free to add any information you have Dave.

For the first time in decades, BMW is entering an international Motorcycle racing series - the World SuperBike series (WSBK). Their weapon is the S1000RR, which I assume is 1,000cc. They have two experienced riders - Troy Corser of Australia and Ruben Xaus (pronounced Zaus) of Spain. There are 14 race weekends around the world and I believe two races at each. The first weekend is March 1 at Phillip Island, Australia. The series will come to the USA this year - Miller Motorsports Park in Utah on May 31. The uproven BMWs will face tough competition with factory entries from Aprilla, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha. One of the Yamaha riders is Texan Ben Spies, the 2008 AMA SuperBike champion. This will be Spies' first year in international competition.

Race 1 from Phillip Island will be telecast by SpeedTV at 4pm on March 1. Race 2 is not scheduled for telecast until 1 pm, Tuesday, March 3.

This should be a great series to watch.
    Last edited by woodym3; 02-18-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

GO BEAMER TEAM! btw, my K1200 is an absolute slug compared to the Jap crotch rockets, but I wouldn't own anything else, and I have owned all the Jap brands, even a Bridgestone!

Thread Information