Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need a shop recommendation for engine work

Thread: Need a shop recommendation for engine work

Need a shop recommendation for engine work

Well the head gasket on my 530 needs to be replaced. There are quite few indicators it's been comprimised. Including a leakdown test showing the compression 20psi less in two side by side cylinders, than the other four. I going to DIY the gasket, but need someone to check over the cylinder head.

Has anyone had similar work done by RRT, or could recommend them? They seem to have a good reputation. Is there another shop in the area that I should look into?

http://www.roadracetech.com/index.php

Thanks,

Richard
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

I can absolutely recommend RRT but I'm biased! Seriously though, they are an excellent shop with a high level of integrity. I was a customer before I became involved with the race team.

Call the shop and speak with Todd about your head gasket. 703-661-4222

All the best,
    Bruce
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce N View Post
    I can absolutely recommend RRT but I'm biased! Seriously though, they are an excellent shop with a high level of integrity. I was a customer before I became involved with the race team.

All the best,
    Bruce
    Do you have Todd's email address?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce N View Post

All the best,
    Bruce

Wow, thanks! I definatly will give them a call.
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    Do you have Todd's email address?
    info@roadracetech.com will get to Todd.

Bruce
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Consider At Speed Motorsports, in Hanover, MD; outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by kennym View Post
    Consider At Speed Motorsports, in Hanover, MD; outstanding.
    +1

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

At Speed is very close to my house, but RRT has more of a history with the club
    Supercharged '03 530

Hey JC5,

RRT is a top notch shop and have been long time club supporters.

I would recommend them 100% for engine work.

One of the guys at RRT recommended Tysons Automotive Machine Shop in Sterling, VA to look over the head. Seems like they have some experience with BMW's. I may ask RRT to remove & re-install the hollow cams. If not done correctly they can snap.
    Last edited by JC5; 02-14-2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Supercharged '03 530

Just dropped off a new clutch and flywheel for balancing at Tyson's (referral from RRT). Simon has been in the business for many years and knows his stuff.

You've got to love a one-man shop with cranks and heads piled up all over the place. I felt like hanging out there all day but I had to let him finish his lunch.
    Scott Lowrey

I'm very excited (and a little nervous) to get this project going. Having found a reputable machine shop has really got the energy flowing. Now it's time to track down the double vanos timing tools for an m54. Shame to blow $400 to use them once. Might just have to bite the bullet.
    Supercharged '03 530

Thread Information