Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMWs totalled at NJ Port

Thread: BMWs totalled at NJ Port

Angry BMWs totalled at NJ Port

Hope one of the BMWs in these pictures doesn't belong to a car club member!
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/o...d-in-shipping/

I freaked out until I read the ship's name and found it wasn't mine. Very sad to know that more than 370 folks won't be getting their cars anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    Hope one of the BMWs in these pictures doesn't belong to a car club member!
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/o...d-in-shipping/

I freaked out until I read the ship's name and found it wasn't mine. Very sad to know that more than 370 folks won't be getting their cars anytime soon.
    Did you check out the date? That was last year.

Your bimmer will be fine!

from what i remember, most of the wrecked cars were the new m3s
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thank god I read this incorrectly. This still makes me worry about all the vehicles that come across dinged or scratched and BMW fixes before sending to the dealer. I still prefer full disclosure and will ask to see the pre-delivery inspection document.

In less than a week I should have my new Beamer!

You mean bimmer right?

I toured BMW's NJ port operation last Spring with the NY Chapter. All of the cars that were in that shipping incident were gathered in one spot awaiting destruction. Some were totally smashed up from nose to tail. We were completely forbidden to take photos. I forget the dollar estimate of the total damage.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I toured BMW's NJ port operation last Spring with the NY Chapter. All of the cars that were in that shipping incident were gathered in one spot awaiting destruction. Some were totally smashed up from nose to tail. We were completely forbidden to take photos. I forget the dollar estimate of the total damage.
    Think you could've stuck a motor under your shirt and walked out?

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    Thank god I read this incorrectly. This still makes me worry about all the vehicles that come across dinged or scratched and BMW fixes before sending to the dealer. I still prefer full disclosure and will ask to see the pre-delivery inspection document.
    They have the most complete body shop at the port you'll ever see. And I do think they have to disclose any such repairs. However, I know someone who bought a 1-series last Spring and he only saw that hood repairs were done when he got a full service report last week!
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    They have the most complete body shop at the port you'll ever see. And I do think they have to disclose any such repairs. However, I know someone who bought a 1-series last Spring and he only saw that hood repairs were done when he got a full service report last week!
    Actually Woody, it is not required for it to be disclosed if the car has body repairs prior to original delivery.

I've seen so many "new" cars with frame damage at one of my previous jobs. As long as it's fixed before the customer takes delivery, it doesn't matter what happened, it's not required to disclose the damage.

Not required unless you ask. Then they do need to tell you.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You mean bimmer right?
    maybe not if he intends to drive around with his foglights or high beams on all the time....

Thread Information