Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dyno Day - March 14, 2009 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Day - March 14, 2009

I got 216...

If it had been a Mustang dyno, it would have been 10,000 hp though...

What traction control?

I got 317.

Ed was a great guy to work with and I think I will definitely use him again. He took his time to do each dyno and you can see he really loves to work on cars. I hope we set up more dyno days at York Automotive.

I got a real good feeling for him and the shop. I wouldn't mind the trip also to use them.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

More numbers??? Post 'em up!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I believe my 325 got 147.

+1 on York Automotive. Ed was great! I will use that shop more.

291... with pig rich AFR's. I was a bit disapointed... Just remember that Ed's DynoDynamics will read lower, (a lot lower) than a DynoJet... Interesting, it reads about the same as the DynaPac I used at Agile...
    Last edited by rrsperry; 03-15-2009 at 07:00 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Once I get to a scanner today, I'll get all the graphs up on the site.

222/222 here.

This dyno is a harsh one. Estimate drive train losses @ 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Once I get to a scanner today, I'll get all the graphs up on the site.

222/222 here.

This dyno is a harsh one. Estimate drive train losses @ 20%.
    So by adjusting for 20% losses, I hit 270 at the crank and you hit 277-ish...

...but if I wasn't misfiring....

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    So by adjusting for 20% losses, I hit 270 at the crank and you hit 277-ish...

...but if I wasn't misfiring....
    What was your TQ number?

After double checking the numbers I stand corrected at 152 @ 5800rpm

Dyno graphs here:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/usermedia/results/dynoday/

(Feel free to hotlink if you want to post elsewhere.)

Here's the more specific numbers for my car:

222 RWHP @ 5800 RPM
    222 RWTQ @ 4400 RPM

George's car:

217 RWHP @ 6100
    217 RWTQ @ 4200

It's interesting that his car hits max torque 200 RPM lower and acheives max horsepower 300 RPM higher.

Without the misfire, the torque number wouldn't have changed, however, looking at the graph, it's pretty obvious that you would have got around 2 horses more peaking at 6300 or 6400 RPM.

Here's the more specific numbers for my car:

222 RWHP @ 5800 RPM
    222 RWTQ @ 4400 RPM

George's car:

217 RWHP @ 6100
    217 RWTQ @ 4200

It's interesting that his car hits max torque 200 RPM lower and acheives max horsepower 300 RPM higher.

Without the misfire, the torque number wouldn't have changed, however, looking at the graph, it's pretty obvious that you would have got around 2 horses more peaking at 6300 or 6400 RPM.

Post up your a/f ratios. I forgot to look at the difference there. Mine was basically staying around 14.2. What was yours around? 13-ish? Per Ed, 13.2 is ideal and mine was slightly rich. Dinan is a conservative tune. That's the real difference between our cars. The Shark might just be worth a few hp more...

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    That's the real difference between our cars.
    Power wise, yes. Everything else, no. LOL.

Power wise, yes. Everything else, no. LOL.
    I'll still beat you because I weigh less....

You watching the roast of Larry the Cable Guy on Comedy Central?

What traction control?

Thread Information