Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
14Feb09-CCC&C-DIY #2

Thread: 14Feb09-CCC&C-DIY #2

Arrow 14Feb09-CCC&C-DIY #2

Please use this thread to post a comment about Convenience Car Care and Cupid at yesterday's DIY #2.

Thanks very much.
    Alan

thanks to Alan, Phil, and the rest of the DIY committee for putting on another great event. everything ran smoothly, my rear subframe now feels brand new, and CCC always is a great host.

my wife would also like to thank everyone for the lovely flowers on Valentines Day. it was a nice touch and save me from buying them
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

i forgot to mention that i made use of the special tools program. if anyone wants to change their rear subframe bushings, the chapter has the tool to save you a lot of time and money. another great benefit to help our members

btw - make sure you work with the DIY committee to plan out using such tools as they are only available when needed
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Lightbulb Great time

This is the one incentive (among the many others ), to join this club. The kinship among fellow Bimmer fans getting together to learn about and play with their expensive toys. The family at CCC , as always were just extremely hospitable. I did notice , however that although word was put out that they wanted to close a little early, some members were still stuck on their projects. Perhaps we should take a closer look at what we intend to do, and the level of difficulty compared to our skills ,knowledge and the alloted time. Moreover, it might not be a bad idea to post what each participant intends to do. In this way, some other members who may have some knowledge of the intended project can come by and lend a hand.

Arrow New suggestion

DAS

Good idea; the DIYCom will try a new approach at DIY #3, of which I'm Coordinator. Please let us know how it goes.

Slainte,
    Alan

the DIY's continue to be a great thing for those of us still learning to do any mechanical jobs. I received help from CCC and a few other club members to explain certain pieces of changing out my shifter. I would recommend the program to all newbies.

Even though I had modest goals, I was unable to get it all done because the lift I needed wasn't available. No matter, the comaraderie was worth the price of admission.

The guys at CCC were extremely willing to part with tips, tools, and lending a hand. Thanks!

Thread Information