Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Registration is Open for Marque Madness at VIR - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Registration is Open for Marque Madness at VIR

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    Is the 4 x 30 min (specifically the 30 min) confirmed? My hesitancy has been due to the previous 20 min sessions (if i recall correctly) in the previous 3 MMs. As much as I love VIR, I've started to back off going down there due to cost and leave requirments for 4 x 20s.
    The first year there was a problem with no-show instructors and students had to wait to find an instructor.

Over the years it has improved.
    I can't speak for whether there are 20 or 30 minute sessions.
    You can easily loose time if someone goes off and there is a full course black while everyone waits to go back.

I'm usually good for 25 minutes. Anything longer and I'm looking for the checker.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Is the 4 x 30 min (specifically the 30 min) confirmed? My hesitancy has been due to the previous 20 min sessions (if i recall correctly) in the previous 3 MMs. As much as I love VIR, I've started to back off going down there due to cost and leave requirments for 4 x 20s.
    Do not quote me on the length of the sessions. The schedule has not been established yet, and I am not the one that sets the schedule. I was trying to convey a sense of what a typical day was like.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Steven, i was one of the students left sitting on pit out *every* session on day one without an instructor in MM I - I got one lap in that day! I still went back for MMII and MMIII...nothing anyone could do about the amount of instructors who didn't turn up.

More that I think about it, I may try to make it regardless of session length. I haven't been instructed at VIR in a couple of years so I'm sure that I could use some pointers.

Steven, i was one of the students left sitting on pit out *every* session on day one without an instructor in MM I - I got one lap in that day! I still went back for MMII and MMIII...nothing anyone could do about the amount of instructors who didn't turn up.
    I remember that. I even gave first timers their intro lap. MM2 was better. I missed MM3.

I go to schools for the driving and comaraderie.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

There are still openings for this event. The VIR full course and no rain forecast. What are you waiting for?

http://www.gws-mbca.org/events/MarqueMadness09.html
    Woody

I'm in! Oh wait...I better ask for those days off.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    I'm in! Oh wait...I better ask for those days off.
    Better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
    Seeya there.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'll be there. It'll be my first trip there. Where do people normally stay? At the track? Danville?

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    I'll be there. It'll be my first trip there. Where do people normally stay? At the track? Danville?
    Most people stay in town. Sleep Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express.

I sometimes stay at the track. It's nice to be so close but I need to unplug the fridge. Last time I did that I woke up with a soaking wet floor.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

From the registration website:
    Hotel Information
    We have a block of 40 rooms reserved for Marque Madness at the Sleep Inn, Danville for the nights of June 10th and 11th. The block is a mix of kings ($75.00) and doubles ($79.99). The block reservation and special rates are only available until May 27th. Participants must make their own reservations by calling 434-793-6090 – be sure to ask for rooms in the Marque Madness IV block. The Sleep Inn (our headquarters) is just 8 miles from the track and has a rig-accessible parking lot adjacent to the regular parking lot. Please note: The Mazda club has a block of rooms reserved for the nights of 6/12 and 6/13. If you want to spend a third night, be sure to call and make your reservations early.

Other hotel/motel options in Danville include the Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites 434-483-5000; Comfort Inn & Suites 434-793-2000; Courtyard by Marriott 434-791-2661 or 800-321- 2211; Days Inn 434-836-6745; Hampton Inn 434-793-1111; Holiday Inn Express 434-793-4000; and the Stratford Inn & Conference Center 434-793-2500 or 800-326-8455 (pet friendly).

Come on guys and gals - recruit your friends to attend this event!
    Woody

I saw the hotel info, but I never really hear of anyone staying at the track. MM and Mazda both have blocks of rooms in town, not at the track.

I actually have a reservation for one of the "garage suites", but never having been there I wonder if I'll regret that. I can switch it to the lodge. I'm a "convenience is better" kind of guy, and I like the idea of having a place to hang out during down-time between sessions if I want.

I saw the hotel info, but I never really hear of anyone staying at the track. MM and Mazda both have blocks of rooms in town, not at the track.

I actually have a reservation for one of the "garage suites", but never having been there I wonder if I'll regret that. I can switch it to the lodge. I'm a "convenience is better" kind of guy, and I like the idea of having a place to hang out during down-time between sessions if I want.
    I had a reservation for the garage and then they put me in the lodge so you may want to check when you get your key.

I've never stayed in the garage suites.
    The lodge and garage are both convenient.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Ron,
    The garage suites could not be more convenient. I've had students go back to their room for a nap between sessions. Just don't open the door to your room while an unmuffled race car goes by. The noise seems to magnify once it gets in the room. The Lodge is also convenient, but not for walking back and forth from the paddock. With the Thursday banquet in the paddock, and the track gas pumps priced at retail this season, these are a good choice. The only downside is when you want to go into town for dinner with friends - about 15 miles each way.
    Edit: and price
    Woody

Another con: the walls are paper thin...One morning I heard the neighbor, open the microwave door, close the door, then beep the buttons....later I clearly heard him open a can of something...sounded like diet coke.

I stay at the Sleep Inn mostly to save the $30 or so...it's a tank of gas!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Another con: the walls are paper thin...
    The lodge also has thin walls. I sleep better at the Sleep Inn.
    Plus in town you can grab a quick bite in the lobby.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information