Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Bangle resigns!

Thread: Bangle resigns!

Yeah, but bringing in his buddy Hooydonk to replace him? I'm not at all convinced that this is an improvement. All that's happened lately is that the original bangle ugliness has been lexusized.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

He did improve BMW's bottom line, however. And he's been in charge of BMW design since '92... So he had the sign-off on the E36, E38, E39, and E46 as well, and their updates over the years.
    2001 740i Sport/2005 330ci ZHP

http://www.midatlantic7s.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
    He did improve BMW's bottom line, however. And he's been in charge of BMW design since '92... So he had the sign-off on the E36, E38, E39, and E46 as well, and their updates over the years.
    This is the part no one thinks about. BMW needs to make money.

And I find many of the people who complain about Bangle haven't bought a new car in their life.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Currently BMW's bottom line is in deep trouble. Their reliance on leasing etc for sales is coming back to bite them. The E36 was already designed before Bangle got there.

It will be interesting in the next 24 to 36mos to watch BMW struggle and try to get bail out money from Germany and US govts. Also be interesting to see how the X5 and X6 M's sell and M's with turbos instead of the old reliable high reving engines. And the big premium for diesels???

How many years can BMW stay in F1? Mercedes just stayed in by a very slim vote of their BOD.

Betting on BMW still being around maybe a long shot depending on how long the economic downturn lasts and if/when there is another successful terrorist attack on US soil!

Dave Apker and the collies

BMW's bottom line isn't in trouble due to their styling. Sales for 7s, for example, picked up after the '02s got introduced. But everyone is dropping right now.

As for the E36, even though it had been already started by the time Bangle got to the top position, there was enough time for him to have changed the direction they were going if that's what he wanted to do. And especially when it came time for the Z3, Z8, E38, E39, and E46.
    2001 740i Sport/2005 330ci ZHP

http://www.midatlantic7s.com

I'm with ChrisV and 1996 328ti on this one...

A) BMW is a business and Bangle's cars have sold like Hotcakes although I can live with out the rear end of the 645 and 745. The restyled rear end of the 750Li is a great improvement and the Alpina B7 makes visions of sugarplums dance through my head.

B) As the owner of an '88 M6 and a '95 M3; the thought of an SAV with an M badge really disappoints me. At one point the M motto was "History and compromise cannot be made at the same time." If there is an X5 or X6 with an M badge it will dilute the brand. If the 850Csi and the Z8 didn't deserve to be M cars; why would any SAV?

C) If money was no object, I would have more BMWs than I could count and none of them would be new (E30 M3, E34 M5, 3.0 CSL, 2002 Turbo, 850CSi, etc.). Most "enthusiasts" are enthused about cars they loved as youngsters but couldn't have. I doubt the guy in my neighborhood who drives a 1969 Chevelle SS has any regard for a new Chevy SS Silverado pick-up truck, or Cobalt, or Trailblazer. My point is the SS brand now means nothing. An M car should be a Sports Car. Period.
    Last edited by ///MARINE; 02-05-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Well said Orlando.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information