Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Rim powder coating: Local for about $65 a rim

Thread: Rim powder coating: Local for about $65 a rim

Rim powder coating: Local for about $65 a rim

I found a local guy who does powder coating for any of you (like me) who needs to get their rims refinished:
    ASAP Powder Coating
    9724 Williamsport Pike
    Falling Waters, WV 25419
    304-274-3200
    You can e-mail them at marlin8@wildblue.net

Posted on another forum:

They bake off the existing finish then media blast the rim. The guy in charge recommended that you choose a finish from www.tigerdrylac.com. I think that their mettalic "RAL 9006 49/92890" is the closest to the OEM finish for an S52 M roadster, but I'm not positive. I'll have to look at the chart again in person before I have them do the work on mine (or anyone else's for that matter). I'm sure if your finish is OK, they can look at the chart and find the closest match (mine are rattle-canned right now so I didn't have much to compare to at the time).

Turn-around time is 2-3 days. You would have to have the tire removed from the rim and they'll take care of the stem (cut off). When you get the refinished rim back and have the tires re-mounted, get a new stem at that point. You will also have to either remove and replace any M emblems or just buy new ones (I plan on the second route...).

Here's the color charts: http://www.tiger-coatings.us/index.php?id=1295&L=1

The can do "custom" colors, but don't recommend it as the additional cost would not be worth it (a LOT of additional costs to get it mixed!).

If anyone is interested send an e-mail to ASAP Powder Coating directly at marlin8@wildblue.net or call them at 304-274-3200. The price is for roadstars so your rims might be slightly more or less depending. Please let them know that you got their info from George Bauer with the BMW (they should know who you're talking about then) to get the deal.

I don't know cure temp and time or other info like that. To find that out, please e-mail or call them directly and post up here. I know for a fact that they do rims all the time (they have a couple of sets in right now from race cars...).

Just thought I'd pass this goodie around for you guys!

What traction control?

Thanks for posting - that's great info!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Thanks for posting - that's great info!
    If you want in, I can probably twist a friend's arm and get your tires dismounted and then mounted for free....

You'll have to pay for balancing at another place though...

What traction control?

Thread Information