Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Autocross Classing Announced!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: (2009) Autocross Classing Announced!!!

My BMW didn’t come with the optional 17” rim and the sports suspension from the factory. If I added the bigger BMW wheels and the sport springs and shocks would I still be in the “S” class?

Quote Originally Posted by forrealb50 View Post
    My BMW didn’t come with the optional 17” rim and the sports suspension from the factory. If I added the bigger BMW wheels and the sport springs and shocks would I still be in the “S” class?
    That's a good question...although my car came with the sports package, I'm interested in the answer.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Exclamation Rainy Day

Mr Thayer,
    What do we do with this rain on Saturday? Looks like the first heat might start, and maybe finish, before it starts raining. I'm on the P.M. side and it could be raining. Being new to the "sport", I'm not sure if we run in the rain. Personally, it sounds like it's more fun. If it's already explained somewhere just point me in that direction. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Mr Thayer,
    What do we do with this rain on Saturday? Looks like the first heat might start, and maybe finish, before it starts raining. I'm on the P.M. side and it could be raining. Being new to the "sport", I'm not sure if we run in the rain. Personally, it sounds like it's more fun. If it's already explained somewhere just point me in that direction. thanks
    We run rain or shine ...

Nothing short of a monsoon will keep us from running ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Mr Thayer,
    See posts #68 thru "76 at http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=4850&page=5
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by forrealb50 View Post
    Forgot to answer this one too:

If the wheels and suspension items were FACTORY options on his model, it is permissible to interchange.

BMWNA's recent offerings of "high performance dealer installed" items are a different, and are not permitted as a showroom allowance.

(and a big thanks to my counsel who assists me with these decisions!)

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

If the wheels and suspension items were FACTORY options on his model, it is permissible to interchange.
    And this is a welcome difference from the SCCA's inane stock class requirement that every other item that came with a sports package needs to be added to the car (items such as leather seats, heated mirrors, fog lights, etc.)
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

BMWNA's recent offerings of "high performance dealer installed" items are a different, and are not permitted as a showroom allowance.

(and a big thanks to my counsel who assists me with these decisions!)
    i could have sworn that IE subframe bushings came as a factory option
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    i could have sworn that IE subframe bushings came as a factory option
    We wouldn't have all the subframe problems then. That obviously wouldn't be good.

Talking

I noticed a couple controversial items that move you from "Tuner" to "Modified".

1. Fixed back seats
    2. LTW Flywheel

These two mods are clearly in the spirit of "tuner" mods. More importantly, these two mods do not give significant advantage/time improvement in an autox. The LTW flywheel is a very popular mod, and I'd hate to see people get thrown into a Modified Race Tire class who basically have a full street car.

I know its not easy to make a perfect rule set, but these should definately not move people from Tuner to Modified.

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    I noticed a couple controversial items that move you from "Tuner" to "Modified".

1. Fixed back seats
    2. LTW Flywheel

These two mods are clearly in the spirit of "tuner" mods. More importantly, these two mods do not give significant advantage/time improvement in an autox. The LTW flywheel is a very popular mod, and I'd hate to see people get thrown into a Modified Race Tire class who basically have a full street car.

I know its not easy to make a perfect rule set, but these should definately not move people from Tuner to Modified.
    Hi Scott,

The rules will stand as is for the remainder of the season. We can't change rules in the middle of the season - just not fair since we already started. We will have another autocross meeting (classing discussion / revision) before the 2010 season, please note your points and we'll visit them then!

Thanks for your constructive feedback!!!

Thread Information