Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Autocross Classing Announced!!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) Autocross Classing Announced!!!

(2009) Autocross Classing Announced!!!

There have been MANY changes for this year. Thank you to everyone who provided input and assistance with developing a fair, well rounded, easy to understand classing system.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...=41&Itemid=166

Personal message sent.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Tires question

Great work in modifying and clarifying the classing Jonathan. Just one quick question, the rule on tires for Showroom and Tuner class basically renders some of the popular ST tires (e.g, Bridgestone RE-01R, the new Kumho Ecsta XS, and the Yoko Advan Neova) illegal since their treadwear rating is below 200 right?

This basically leaves BFG T/A KD, Dunlop Direzza Z1 * Spec, Hankook RS-2, and Kumho Ecsta MX (acccording to TireRack website these tires have treadwear rating of 200 or higher) for Showroom and Tuner class.

Sorry guys - that was a typo! 210+ rated tires are permitted in Showroom (only stock size and location), 140+ tires are permitted in Tuner (unlimited size), and Modified only requires that the tires carry a DOT rating.

Any ENTHUSIAST running pure slicks (non-DOT) has to go play in Unlimited.
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 03-20-2009 at 07:00 AM.

I also added another line clarifying sway bars. Sway bars may be upgraded and/or removed in Tuner, but must retain stock mounting points.

Can we upclass this year along the same line to qualify for points if we know changes will be made to your car mid-season? (run street tires in Modified for first two events, then DOT R-comps next three events, etc.) I'm not talking about a T3 car running in the M2 class, but more along the lines of a T# car running in their respective M# class.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Can we upclass this year along the same line to qualify for points if we know changes will be made to your car mid-season? (run street tires in Modified for first two events, then DOT R-comps next three events, etc.) I'm not talking about a T3 car running in the M2 class, but more along the lines of a T# car running in their respective M# class.
    No rules against that! For example a T2 car may run in M2 without consequence (other than being an underdog!).

Good job Jonathan!

...no that's not an M50 manifold...

Nice job. Looks good and looks like I have plenty of room to grow...

What traction control?

Got MINI?

What, no MINI? Last time I checked, the sill plate read "Mfd by Bayerische Motoren Werke..." I'm just askin'....

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gnhovis View Post
    What, no MINI? Last time I checked, the sill plate read "Mfd by Bayerische Motoren Werke..." I'm just askin'....
    Three years ago we tried running a Mini class, but it wasn't well attended and therefore dropped the following year.

If you can show that there would be a good interest in a Mini class, I think that it could be considered.

I imagine George was asking about considering the Mini as a BMW model to be classed within the BMWs.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I imagine George was asking about considering the Mini as a BMW model to be classed within the BMWs.
    Interesting ...

What group would the different variations fit into? I'm completely stupid about the Mini's.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Interesting ...

What group would the different variations fit into? I'm completely stupid about the Mini's.

Help?
    I wrote up this long thing and never sent it doooh!

Exactly, that's all I'm asking. Given the categories you listed you could spread the MINIs across 3 of them. Normally aspirated Cooper Coupes and Clubmen (Clubmans?) into Group 4. Turbo and Supercharged Cooper S Coupes and Clubmen into Group 3. And JCW cars into Group 2. I compare the Cooper to the 318; Cooper S to E30 M3 or 325is; and the JCW cars to the E36 M3. I think that matches your groupings (I don't have it in front of me). Most MINI owners who autocross are probably in your Modified class due to ECU tuning and reduction pulleys, at least on the supercharged cars.

I think most MINI owners in the CCA want to feel like they belong in the club. I know the previous system where I had to run "non-BMW R Comp" class sort of turned me off and I started to run with the CDC where there are routinely 4-6 MINIs in each event.

With MINI sales up 29% for 2008 and BMW sales down 40%, this is one area for growth for the club. If no one shows up, then no loss, but if MINIs do show, at least they can compete. Sort of like the hearty souls who autocross in a 7-series.

That's all anyone can ask for really.

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

I'd like to see the MINI in there, too. I'm no autox fiend, but it'd be nice to be classed reasonably competitively (and I'm sure it'd sway me from some of the CDC events).

Thread Information