Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
March 21-22 @ SPR - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 21-22 @ SPR

Glad to hear it filled! That's a great sign!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I have a friend coming out to Summit on Saturday just to observe and check it out. He's never been to the track before. I'd like for him to get a taste of what it's like out there. I'm wondering if it's possible for him to get a ride during the instructor sessions? Is this even a possibility? I was able to get a ride the first time I visited Summit(after signing a waiver), but it wasn't a BMWCCA track day.
    T2

Yes, signing the waiver and wearing the proper helmet will enable him to get a ride with an instructor.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Yes, signing the waiver and wearing the proper helmet will enable him to get a ride with an instructor.
    Great....thanks for the reply!
    T2

In a e,hp, w sp
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

See you all at the track
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Great event!! Wish I could have made both days.
    2004 325xi
    1990 Porsche 944 S2 - Track Car
    1983 Porsche 911 Targa
    1980 BMW R65

Quote Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
    It was an excellent event. I don't think there were any wrecks, which is always nice. RaceDayPhoto took a ton of photos at the event. Can't wait to check them out when they post em.
    T2

I had more fun on Saturday than I have ever had in 10+ years of washing and waxing. I am currently trying to unload every single ounce of Griots product that I own on Ebay so that I can buy track tires and pads for my E30!! (just kidding of course)

I am so glad that I finally tried a DE. I will be back for sure. Never thought a 70+ year old woman could teach me so much about driving...

Now all you track guys need to come out to the Deutsche Marque in May. It is almost as much fun to see BMW's parked as it is to see them flying around a track!!

Miriam?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Craig,

You are correct! Miriam was not even close to what I expected, but was definately the coolest lady I have ever met.
    Willy Lutz
    1990 Schwarz 325is
    1991 Brillantrot M3
    1991 Macao Blau M Technic
    2003 Mystic Blau 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
    Sorry for the slightly dramatic end to your ride along. I suspect photos will get posted of the used parts soon enough. FWIW, Vader was happy and healthy again by 8:45 Saturday night with the help of Joel, Rich, Yani, Dereck, Jason and others. Thanks guys! Way to cover for the arrogant stupidity of your truely.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    Sorry for the slightly dramatic end to your ride along. I suspect photos will get posted of the used parts soon enough. FWIW, Vader was happy and healthy again by 8:45 Saturday night with the help of Joel, Rich, Yani, Dereck, Jason and others. Thanks guys! Way to cover for the arrogant stupidity of your truely.

Heh, Bob, sorry I didn't have my camera this time, I'm sure those pics will turn up though, I know a person on this list did have his camera and made sure a photographic record was made of your new business, turning rotors while still on the car!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Summit Main event

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyzuko View Post
    It was an excellent event. I don't think there were any wrecks, which is always nice. RaceDayPhoto took a ton of photos at the event. Can't wait to check them out when they post em.
    You missed a beautiful and warmer day on Sunday. There was one unfortunate incident on Sunday morning involving a D Student. From instructor reports, he early apexed Turn 9 at speed, got the left two wheels off, and (rather than driving straight off and braking) tried to correct by turning the wheel to the right; once the front tires grabbed, that sent the car across the track into the inside tire wall, coming to a rest with the driver's side door on the ground. Happily, no reported injuries to the student or instructor.

Otherwise, a pretty clean event with not many offs. New track repair patches in the corners provide good traction. In my last session on Sunday, after a black flag for a possibly coolant leak, a suicidal groundhog at the outside edge of the track at the exit of Turn 1, responding to my honking horn by scampering across the track in front of me; I swerved, so fortunately no roadkill trophy this event. Bonbahn
    BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    I suspect photos will get posted of the used parts soon enough....
    you are correct

We can call it "the great omaha steak incident"...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thread Information