Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
March 21-22 @ SPR - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 21-22 @ SPR

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    We can call it "the great omaha steak incident"...
    Sir, would you like your steak well done?
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

you are correct

We can call it "the great omaha steak incident"...
    So much for tech forms.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thousands of great event photos at: http://www.racedayphoto.com/

It was particularily sad for me to see the incident at T9.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    So much for tech forms.

Why don't you go train some dogs.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    Why don't you go train some dogs.
    That was your car??????
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    That was your car??????
    No, just my backing plates and piston. Not my proudest moment so I deserve all the ribbing I get.

Woody, I felt very sad for you when I saw the stripes on the grill and realized the mangled M3 was your old car. Its like loosing a pet
    Last edited by Jenson Button; 03-23-2009 at 02:27 PM.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Was someone else driving your car, Woody?
    Scott Lowrey

The skid pad was really fun; I enjoyed the whole event, I had missed all the old buddies, thanks for a great organization.

Few couple of seconds of skid pad exercise on Sunday:

Fatih

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks for everyone who organized, instructed, Tech Inspected etc! Here are some of my photos from the weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Was someone else driving your car, Woody?
    Yeah, I sold the M3 last October.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Nice Pictures! Thanks for posting.
    Guess that was the morning instructor run group, so I don't get to see myself, missed the first session.
    Bob obviously felt the need to compete with some of our other instructors for the "best equipment demolisher" title! The competition is tough, but I think he is in the top 10 with this entry (full cars don't count).
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Isn't he just so cute

Are we still taking donations for the D. Blinken gas fund?
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Isn't he just so cute

Are we still taking donations for the D. Blinken gas fund?
    OMFG LOTFLMAO!! Oy Vey!
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

^ Ahahahahahaaaa......he was my instructor, so if my driving was a little crazy you now have an idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbonner View Post
    You missed a beautiful and warmer day on Sunday. There was one unfortunate incident on Sunday morning involving a D Student. From instructor reports, he early apexed Turn 9 at speed, got the left two wheels off, and (rather than driving straight off and braking) tried to correct by turning the wheel to the right; once the front tires grabbed, that sent the car across the track into the inside tire wall, coming to a rest with the driver's side door on the ground. Happily, no reported injuries to the student or instructor.

Otherwise, a pretty clean event with not many offs. New track repair patches in the corners provide good traction. In my last session on Sunday, after a black flag for a possibly coolant leak, a suicidal groundhog at the outside edge of the track at the exit of Turn 1, responding to my honking horn by scampering across the track in front of me; I swerved, so fortunately no roadkill trophy this event. Bonbahn
    I wish I could have hung around for Sunday, but I had to babysit communications equipment at work. I need a job that allows me to work around performance cars.
    T2

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Yeah, I sold the M3 last October.
    DOH. Forgot about that. Gee, I'm sorry you had to see your old friend go down like that.
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information