Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Suggestions needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions needed

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yea, its kinda a catch 22, some of us have ditched the rear sway bar to help, with mixed results again.
    Thanks for all the advice!

So, maybe the "right" thing for me to do is just get some lighter wheels and better tires, and not make any suspension mods at this time.

Given the differential issue, does it make sense to go with asymetric tires on the 335, or stick with 245s on all 4 wheels?

On a slightly different topic, does anyone have an opinion on tire pressure gauges? I like the concept of the Psiclops that can balance two tires at once, but is it a good gauge? Should I stick with a Longacre?

One of my colleagues recommended upgrading the brake pads; any suggestions on what works well for the 335 (are the "dustless" pads really dustless?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    Thanks for all the advice!

So, maybe the "right" thing for me to do is just get some lighter wheels and better tires, and not make any suspension mods at this time.

Given the differential issue, does it make sense to go with asymetric tires on the 335, or stick with 245s on all 4 wheels?

On a slightly different topic, does anyone have an opinion on tire pressure gauges? I like the concept of the Psiclops that can balance two tires at once, but is it a good gauge? Should I stick with a Longacre?

One of my colleagues recommended upgrading the brake pads; any suggestions on what works well for the 335 (are the "dustless" pads really dustless?)
    i run staggered tire setup, but obviously the tradeoff of more rear grip is more rear weight. as for tire gauges, i just use the standard $5 one you can get anywhere. i'm sure others will chime in.

as for the dustless pads, i use the axxis deluxe ones. they giveoff very little dust, prob about 90+% less. axxis also makes a track pad.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/BMW/E90.htm

as fas as using dustless pads for autox, not sure if its a hinderance or not. i use them on my e92 and x5, but havent put them on my roadster (which is what i use to autox). the brakes feel a little more squishy with these pads, and they probably don't stop as quick as OEM; however, they do perform very well and i have no problems with them.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Ive got Carbotech pads for the 335 in stock. Bobcat for street and XP16 for track. I had Robin Sparrow use the XP16s for OneLap and he liked em very much!

The Bobcat street/autoX pads should be low dust (more of a reddish dust than dark black).

I bought a bunch of inventory before price increase and will leave prices until I run out of stock on them. Retail now is $180. Sale price on our site is $149.
    Last edited by magnetic1; 01-21-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

Thread Information