Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
1992 318i oil service light

Thread: 1992 318i oil service light

1992 318i oil service light

Hi - I have the oil service reminder light on at startup. How do I reset it?
    I just did the oil change myself wanted to turn off the reminder. And does anyone know what the reminder mileage is set to?

Thanks

Re: 1992 318i oil service light

Quote Originally Posted by 318mondo
    Hi - I have the oil service reminder light on at startup. How do I reset it?
    I just did the oil change myself wanted to turn off the reminder. And does anyone know what the reminder mileage is set to?

Thanks
    The dealer can do it or if you know someone with a service light reset tool they can do it.

Here is a fault code reader that lets you read fault codes and reset service lights (about $140):

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...PRODUCT_ID=FCX

Here is a service indicator reset tool for $60 but only for BMWs up to 1987:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...RODUCT_ID=AS14

The only other way is with a paper clip and finding the right pins to stick it into (probably not what I would do).

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    The only other way is with a paper clip and finding the right pins to stick it into (probably not what I would do).
    I wouldn't do that either.... I use a wire with an alligator clip. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    I wouldn't do that either.... I use a wire with an alligator clip. :shock:
    Add an inline fuse for safety.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information