Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Weekend Diner/Dive Breakfast Meet-Ups - Baltimore Area
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Diner/Dive Breakfast Meet-Ups - Baltimore Area

Weekend Diner/Dive Breakfast Meet-Ups - Baltimore Area

I've always liked to go out and get breakfast on the weekend, and I thought this might be able to turn into a regular meet-up/BS session/restaurant tour.

So here's the thought: On a regular interval (Monthly, 2x Month, Weekly) the group meets at a restaurant to have breakfast and shoot the breeze. No big deal, no activity agenda, just a way to go for a drive and put some groceries down our necks while having some gearhead talk. I'm posting it here, but I don't see a reason to restrict it to BMW drivers - all gearheads are welcome.

I'm in Baltimore, so I would prefer to have Baltimore as the hub, and use rough boundaries like Parkton, Havre de Grace, Annapolis, Laurel, and Westminster for the restaurants. Keeping the drive relatively short (less than 40-50 miles one way) has some attraction to me.

Any thoughts? How often? Favorite Breakfast spots? Saturday, or Sunday?

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

sounds like a good idea to me since i'm pretty close. i'm a fan of diners (SilverDiner, Double T, etc), any good ones near you? Havent tried Broadway Diner in the city, but I heard its pretty good.

If you can make it out to the social on Thur, you'll have an even bigger audience to solicit.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I had breakfast at the Broadway on Saturday. They are okay, but I don't think breakfast is their strength. I much prefer Double-TT for breakfast, either Perry Hall or Pulaski/Ebeneezer Rd.

Last week I went to the Waffle House in Havre De Grace -it was good, but the waffle was fairly ordinary. But the folks there were friendly, and they asked about my car.

And so part of the fun is to find new, great, breakfast spots - not keep going to the same place, even though it may be a favorite.

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Double T FTW!
    Silver Diner is like eating in DisneyWorld to me.
    OK food, mediocre service.
    Double T have career waitstaff.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Double T FTW!
    Silver Diner is like eating in DisneyWorld to me.
    OK food, mediocre service.
    Double T have career waitstaff.
    Double T is pretty good. I just can NEVER make up my mind on what to get b/c the menu is like 20 pages long.

Omelettes!
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Sounds good. Breakfast on the weekends is easier to do.

Eggspectation in Columbia on 108. Nice food and good parking.
    Last edited by JC5; 01-12-2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post

that place is good, I could probably walk there from my house. although that would defeat the purpose of a BMW meet

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post

Sounds like a good spot to start - pseto would draw the short straw this time, but we could make the next one a hike for him.

Or, we could pick a spot that gives us all a good drive - once we find who the group is. I hear the Wagon Wheel in Hereford is a nice homey spot - it's about 20-25 miles for me.

Have Fun,
    Rick

Any takers for this weekend for Columbia or Hereford? If so, which day?

Have Fun,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy View Post
    Any takers for this weekend for Columbia or Hereford? If so, which day?

Have Fun,
    Rick
    Sunday is the only day I can do. Are you coming out to River Hill tomorrow night? we could recruit more people then

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Sunday is the only day I can do. Are you coming out to River Hill tomorrow night? we could recruit more people then
    Probably not going to make River Hill.

Sunday is okay with me - either place is okay for me, but Hereford would be the better ride for you. The direct route is easy - up I 83 to Mt Carmel Rd. then go east to York Rd. Turn left and go a little till you see the Wagon Wheel.

There are some nice back roads to get there from the east side - If we go there I'll probably take them home since it takes a little longer - and if you go, they can put you right onto 695 near 95.

Have Fun,
    Rick

anyone else interested in Sunday AM?

I might be in for Columbia. I'm pulling 6 days this week and may not be able to move that early on Sunday morning.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    anyone else interested in Sunday AM?
    Yes - which venue?

Have Fun,
    Rick

P.S. I know the Inauguration isn't until Tuesday, but I have heard that many folks are coming from out of town to make it a long weekend, and also that hotel rooms are booked in places like Columbia. Any feel for that, and would it be better to stay out of Columbia? Pseto, you might know best about this.
    Last edited by CoolToolGuy; 01-16-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Add PS

Thread Information