Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Weekend Diner/Dive Breakfast Meet-Ups - Baltimore Area - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Diner/Dive Breakfast Meet-Ups - Baltimore Area

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    I can do Saturday as well; however I think CoolToolGuy is looking at scheduling these to give them a little more structure and allowing for planning. I think we discussed going to an every other weekend format, but we didn't discuss when the new format would begin. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    I think that it would be nice to have it as a set schedule, kind of like the socials.

We can then also add it to the calendar and make it an official event. I'll help with getting info on the main site.

As Zack mentioned, it may be better if we set up a schedule. In addition, having a meet-up every weekend may be a bit much for the long term.

That said, most of the feedback has been that this is a good idea. By moving it around it provides an incentive if you don't want to drive across town (or maybe if you do!)

So we will skip this weekend and go for next weekend (March 14-15.)

My suggestion is to lure X5WorldMichelle out and invade the Fallston Diner. I couldn't find a Web site, but here is a link from the online Yellow Pages: http://www.superpages.com/bp/Fallsto...taurants&lbp=1

For those who want to use GPS or Mapquest, the address is 2314 Belair Rd., Fallston, MD 21047.

In the meantime I'll try to put together a proposed schedule, at least for the next few weeks, and work on making it longer term.

Now, sounding a bit like Mike Roe on Dirty Jobs, I'll add in that we can always use suggestions for new venues - the more the merrier. I have the following suggestions:
    • Jimmy's - Fells Point
    • Honey Bee Diner - Glen Burnie
    • The Wheel - Parkton
    • Eichenkranz - Highlandtown
    • Broadway Diner - Eastern Ave. & I-95
    • Double T Diner - All over town
    As has been mentioned, this is mostly about getting together, less about the best breakfast in town - but in my personal opinion, a terrific restaurant would be a great bonus - so go for it!

Let's hear from those that are interested (hint, hint Michelle) and make a good showing next weekend. Post here, and tell us which day (Sat. and/or Sun.) is do-able for you.

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Sat, Mar 14th is NOT good for me. i'll be at the DIY in Manassas and then Dyno Day in Mt Airy. Sunday looks open.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Hmm. Sunday would be interesting, as Sunday afternoon is the "big" 7 series meet at Security Square Mall (with follow up tour up to dinner in Owings Mills).
    2001 740i Sport/2005 330ci ZHP

http://www.midatlantic7s.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
    Hmm. Sunday would be interesting, as Sunday afternoon is the "big" 7 series meet at Security Square Mall (with follow up tour up to dinner in Owings Mills).
    we'd welcome all you guys to join us if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
    Chris,

Well okay, then - if you think several of your crowd might be interested in breakfast, maybe we can postpone the Fallston Diner - that's a good hike from Fallston to Security, especially if they are coming from out of town.

Would it work better to have it closer to Security? If so, do you have a suggestion?

Have Fun,
    Rick
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy View Post
    Chris,

Well okay, then - if you think several of your crowd might be interested in breakfast, maybe we can postpone the Fallston Diner - that's a good hike from Fallston to Security, especially if they are coming from out of town.

Would it work better to have it closer to Security? If so, do you have a suggestion?

Have Fun,
    Rick
    Just checking in for this weekend - will it be somewhere close to Security Square, or Fallston Diner?

I dunno if any of them are going to make it out early, since they are mostly coming from Philly and northern VA. Only a couple right now are coming from the local Baltimore area. Go ahead and do the Fallston one.
    2001 740i Sport/2005 330ci ZHP

http://www.midatlantic7s.com

add Mountain Branch to the list since Michelle recommended that too. i think they only do Sunday brunch though.

then i can play a round of 18 while i'm there

also, i've always like Silver Diner and there's a couple in the area. there's always a remote Cracker Barrel too we can find. i'll have to check Chowhound b/c they usually have pretty good recommendations on there.

if we can find a good place to park, we can drive into Baltimore and go to the Farmer's Market when it opens back up.
    Last edited by pseto; 03-10-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Okay, so here it is:

Sunday - March 15, 2009 - 9:00 AM at the Fallston Diner. Further info:

http://thefallstondiner.com/

2314 Belair Road
    Fallston, MD 21047

Hope to see you all there!

Have Fun,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    add Mountain Branch to the list since Michelle recommended that too. i think they only do Sunday brunch though.

then i can play a round of 18 while i'm there

also, i've always like Silver Diner and there's a couple in the area. there's always a remote Cracker Barrel too we can find. i'll have to check Chowhound b/c they usually have pretty good recommendations on there.

if we can find a good place to park, we can drive into Baltimore and go to the Farmer's Market when it opens back up.
    Good suggestions all. Michelle suggests, and I would agree, that we need to be a little more organized for Mountain Branch, as it fills up and reservations may be required. We can save that one for a little later.

Silver Diner - I need to find the current locations. I think the one in Towson closed, so we'll see where they are.

There is a Cracker Barrel just over the state line in PA on I-83 - a good hike, but possible.

Have Fun,
    Rick

Okay, so here it is:

2314 Belair Road
    Fallston, MD 21047

Have Fun,
    Rick
    Paul, want to make this an official event and put it on the main calendar?

Okay, so here it is:

2314 Belair Road
    Fallston, MD 21047

Have Fun,
    Rick
    OK, M we're catering to you this weekend, will you show?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Paul, want to make this an official event and put it on the main calendar?
    OK, no problem.

Rick - are we doing this one week at a time or will there be a schedule forthcoming?

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    OK, no problem.

Rick - are we doing this one week at a time or will there be a schedule forthcoming?
    I would like to do a schedule - I need to see the club calendar so we can see what weeks we have to rule out first, then plan for the open weeks.

For me, I'm planning on going to Summit Point for Driver's Ed on 3/21-3/22, so I'm out that week. If that makes it a no-go we plan for the next available weekend.

Have Fun,
    Rick

Thread Information