Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
What's up with these cup holders?

Thread: What's up with these cup holders?

What's up with these cup holders?

Remember the ole saying, 'They don't make things like they used to'? Well it holds true for the cheap plastic cup holders BMW installed in the 2009 models. My 02 325i conveniently and securely held my daily dose of Joe without a single incident. I can't say that for my new car as I've already had a couple of close calls during my morning commute. What the heck were those German engineers thinking??

Anyone out there know of an after market holder I can buy? It's that or I only carry bottled water from now on.
    Last edited by Swooz; 03-23-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    Remember the ole saying, 'They don't make things like they used to'? Well it holds true for the cheap plastic cup holders BMW installed in the 2009 models. My 02 325i conveniently and securely held my daily dose of Joe without a single incident. I can't say that for my new car as I've already had a couple of close calls during my morning commute. What the heck were those German engineers thinking??

Anyone out there know of an after market holder I can buy? It's that or I only carry bottle water from now on.
    I don't think cup holders are a big priority to German engineers.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

After market cup holder work?

Has anyone ordered and successfully used this one at: http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/
    for their 09 BMW? It looks to me like it would fit just fine.
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Just wait until you have a passenger break one off with a knee.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

It's funny how cupholders have found their way into BMWs after the US customers complained about them, or the lack 'em of I guess. I believe the germans want you to keep turning the steering wheel and shift gears, not sip drinks

I keep the cups for when I drive my Ford F150. They sure know cupholders! Those even hold wine bottles, and like Craig once said (gotta give him credit for this one), you can use them with water to wash the cars interior!

The more germans sit in traffic, the more they'll demand cupholders, too. I think the ones in my E38 were the first ones that BMW installed in a car, and it's obvious that they didn't really know what they were doing. Finding an E38 with a working factory cupholder in front is like winning the lottery...
    2001 740i Sport/2005 330ci ZHP

http://www.midatlantic7s.com

What are these "cupholders" that you speak of?

What traction control?

Thread Information