Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Annual Autocross School - 04/18/09 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: (2009) Annual Autocross School - 04/18/09

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    i just wish it was a 2 day school
    that would be great.. i checked some other clubs and some do school for different levels of experience. For instance, the first level is like we had yesterday. The second one does not have the class part and has some more driving time

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    that would be great.. i checked some other clubs and some do school for different levels of experience. For instance, the first level is like we had yesterday. The second one does not have the class part and has some more driving time
    Those schools have paid staff members. The reason that we can offer our schools at so little cost is that we are volunteer driven.

Asking instructors to volunteer for one day is acceptable; consuming a full weekend without compensation can rarely be justified.

I, however, am looking into planning a second school, more on a Test & Tune note. However, if planned, it will be at a significantly increased cost.

We have lots of ideas, just stay tuned to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Those schools have paid staff members. The reason that we can offer our schools at so little cost is that we are volunteer driven.

Asking instructors to volunteer for one day is acceptable; consuming a full weekend without compensation can rarely be justified.
    thats so true. i appreciated the instructors volunteering their time to help us noobs. i could tell many other them wanted to jump in their cars to take a few runs and show us how to really run the course
    Last edited by pseto; 04-20-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    I was...at least I think so. I know that I got everyone in one morning session (although not all of them turned out) and I'm pretty sure that I got everyone in the afternoon too. I even got some of the instructors when they went out.

~Katie
    nice pictures Katie, you got some great shots of me

i'm assuming you trashed the pics where i ate the cones or should i be sending a check somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    nice pictures Katie, you got some great shots of me

i'm assuming you trashed the pics where i ate the cones or should i be sending a check somewhere?
    I only trash blurry pics. Any cone eating would be there if I got it. Gotta keep ya'll honest if I can .

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    I only trash blurry pics. Any cone eating would be there if I got it. Gotta keep ya'll honest if I can .

~Katie
    good answer...no evidence

Katie,
    Nice to meet you and thanks for posting the photos. What a beautiful day to play with cars. All the scraping of my airdam is making me consider larger sways...
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

I'd also like to thank all the people who put on the show Saturday. Honestly I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it at all, as autocross is way more intense/competitive than I usually care to get, but it was a great time. Everybody was having fun and being helpful.

I got plenty of good advice, but the but the best was this from Woody: "just go faster." So, I'll just keep trying to just go faster. This will be important because one of my goals is to catch Mike (the dude with the MINI), and he seems pretty darn fast The quest starts May 2nd.

On a side note, I put my M3 into the tire wall on the inside of turn nine at Summit Point this morning. Driver and instructor are OK, but the car now has battle scars (dented up drivers door and fender.) I was able to clean it up some and do three more sessions. There's mud everywhere inside the car. It could have been much worse.

Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    I'd also like to thank all the people who put on the show Saturday. Honestly I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it at all, as autocross is way more intense/competitive than I usually care to get, but it was a great time. Everybody was having fun and being helpful.

I got plenty of good advice, but the but the best was this from Woody: "just go faster." So, I'll just keep trying to just go faster. This will be important because one of my goals is to catch Mike (the dude with the MINI), and he seems pretty darn fast The quest starts May 2nd.

On a side note, I put my M3 into the tire wall on the inside of turn nine at Summit Point this morning. Driver and instructor are OK, but the car now has battle scars (dented up drivers door and fender.) I was able to clean it up some and do three more sessions. There's mud everywhere inside the car. It could have been much worse.

Ron.
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about the meeting with the wall. I've seen a number of cars lose it on turn nine. Hope you're able to get her back to new.
    T2

Ron.
    Ron,

I think you'll catch me pretty easily. Most of my speed can be attributed to the car, and the rest was beginner's luck.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about Summit, but I'm glad you're OK. And the car doesn't look too bad either. It could have been a lot worse! Besides, dings add character.

By the way, what wheels do you have on your car?

Mike

It's no fun to come around Turn 9 and see someone you know's car against the tirewall. Second time that's happened to me in a month. It was nice to see you in good health and spirits after the incident Ron.
    OK, back to the Autocross School topic.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Just to echo what everyone else has said, I really enjoyed and got a lot out of the school. The volunteer instructors couldn't have been nicer. A special thanks to Oker and Adam who both spent several runs with me. Thanks to Katie for taking some great pictures, and to all the club volunteers who enthusiastically put on a great show. Congrats to Mini man for putting us all to shame!

Ron.
    I feel for ya, man!

Mine wasn't racing, but it was the same end-result. I only WISH there were tires to dampen my hit!

I should have it back on Monday. That said, the original date was the 15th, then this Tuesday, then Wednesday, then tomorrow, now it's Monday...
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 04-23-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: gbauer needs to learn to resize pictures before posting all over the internet.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    It's no fun to come around Turn 9 and see someone you know's car against the tirewall. Second time that's happened to me in a month. It was nice to see you in good health and spirits after the incident Ron.
    +1

I hated seeing someone I had just watched have a blast at autox school then in the tires at T9.

Ron,

Here was that link and video I was talking about: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic....c8e88fce9615c0

It was great to see you ok with it and willing to get back on the horse.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information