Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Annual Autocross School - 04/18/09 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Annual Autocross School - 04/18/09

Those of you volunteering to shag cones and help out, I'd strongly recommend bringing a pair of mechanix gloves. From experience, they are invaluable at this venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Those of you volunteering to shag cones and help out, I'd strongly recommend bringing a pair of mechanix gloves. From experience, they are invaluable at this venue.
    Please remember if you want to help out, you MUST email me first. Please don't just show up for this event.

Is it OK to bring spectators in an effort to sink the hook?
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    Is it OK to bring spectators in an effort to sink the hook?
    Please see your PM box.

Thumbs up

As if I needed one more BMW related addiction, I am now hooked on autocross! Thank you to all the men and women who made it a great learning experience and kept the event running smoothly! The instructors showed me how M engineers meant for a 1995 M3 to be driven. Special thanks to the instructors who rode with me multilpe times to ensure I was doing what they advised. I am a much better driver this morning than I was on the way up there yesterday!
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    If you want exclusive use of your own helmet you can rent from OG Racing. But it's not very convenient to Solomon's Island.
    Nothing the club does is convenient to Solomon's Island, but we love it so we saddle up and come out, every chance we get! I'm getting a helmet from OG Racing A.S.A.P. Thanks again to Jonathan and Bogdan for managing to provide me with loaner helmets to fit my Destro head!
    Last edited by ///MARINE; 04-19-2009 at 05:29 AM.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Quote Originally Posted by ///MARINE View Post
    As if I needed one more BMW related addiction, I am now hooked on autocross! Thank you to all the men and women who made it a great learning experience and kept the event running smoothly! The instructors showed me how M engineers meant for a 1995 M3 to be driven. Special thanks to the instructors who rode with me multilpe times to ensure I was doing what they advised. I am a much better driver this morning than I was on the way up there yesterday!
    We are very glad that you had a great time!

We noticed a very distinct driving improvement in ALL of the participants

Results Here:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...=55&Itemid=168

Pics are being added to the picture thread.

It was a great school! Thanks to all the instructors who helped me realize my mistakes. Special thanks to Woody for his advices and help. Jonathan, thank you very much for organizing this event. I wish I would me more proficient in English language to explain my feelings, but I’m totally addicted to auto crossing.

Jonathan, I guess I forgot to take the cones. Is it ok if I take them next event? Alternatively, I can pick those up from any location convenient for you any other time.

I cannot express how pleased I am with this school. It was absolutely incredible and I know I came away with some marked improvements. All of the instructors and organizers were really helpful; I wish I remembered everyones' names so I could thank all of you personally. But anyways, thanks to everyone for imparting some of your wonderful knowledge and experience to us.

And if anyone reading this is a novice and hasn't done the school, beg, bribe, do whatever you need to to get into the next one (be it this season or next). You will not be disappointed.

OK, well I'll see all of you on May 2!

Mike (the dude with the MINI)

Loads of pictures here:

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=4959

I'm pretty sure that Katie was able to take pictures of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    Jonathan, I guess I forgot to take the cones. Is it ok if I take them next event? Alternatively, I can pick those up from any location convenient for you any other time.
    You didn't take a stack before you left?

I have bad news then, I don't have any for you. All the "old" cones were donated to the MSP facility as we've done in the past. I don't have any more for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You didn't take a stack before you left?

I have bad news then, I don't have any for you. All the "old" cones were donated to the MSP facility as we've done in the past. I don't have any more for you.
    That's fine

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Katie was able to take pictures of everyone.
    I was...at least I think so. I know that I got everyone in one morning session (although not all of them turned out) and I'm pretty sure that I got everyone in the afternoon too. I even got some of the instructors when they went out.

~Katie

i'd like to thank the entire autox committee and all the instructors who made yesterday's school so rewarding. I learned a lot about my lack of driving skills and intend to autox quite a bit this year to improve. My wife also had a great time (which I'm sure quite a few people heard the screams) and she has also said she'd like to do a few events as well. Everything was very well run and the skills we practiced were invaluable. i just wish it was a 2 day school
    Last edited by pseto; 04-19-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information