Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
No Guibo - should I suspect foul play?

Thread: No Guibo - should I suspect foul play?

No Guibo - should I suspect foul play?

My 1986 325 (build 10/85) automatic has no flex-coupling in the driveshaft. The transmission has a 4-bolt output flange, and the driveshaft likewise, so it's not a case of being bolted together without a guibo, which takes a 3-bolt flange. I don't see a mention of this in Bentley, and realoem shows a guibo in the diagram but does not list it in the parts description. Could some past mechanic have substituted some other parts, or are 4-bolt flanges a known variation? thanks Rick McClinton

Quote Originally Posted by rickmccl View Post
    My 1986 325 (build 10/85) automatic has no flex-coupling in the driveshaft. The transmission has a 4-bolt output flange, and the driveshaft likewise, so it's not a case of being bolted together without a guibo, which takes a 3-bolt flange. I don't see a mention of this in Bentley, and realoem shows a guibo in the diagram but does not list it in the parts description. Could some past mechanic have substituted some other parts, or are 4-bolt flanges a known variation? thanks Rick McClinton
    Nothing to worry about. If I remember correctly, most of the 3-series up until the e36, were free from flex discs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Nothing to worry about. If I remember correctly, most of the 3-series up until the e36, were free from flex discs.
    no, they weren't. All e30 manuals had flex discs, and the '89 325i auto I parted had one too. I'd try to find out more info from your mechanic to see what is actually in there.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    no, they weren't. All e30 manuals had flex discs, and the '89 325i auto I parted had one too. I'd try to find out more info from your mechanic to see what is actually in there.
    Okay then. You're the expert.

But I've seen a few e30's without them. No worries.

Well, I've personally met a 87 325is and 87 325es, both manual, who had the rubber biscuits. Google anecdotes lead one to believe *ALL* E30's have them. I kinda thought if it was common not to have one, Bentley and / or my ETK would acknowledge the condition exists!

Quote Originally Posted by rickmccl View Post
    Well, I've personally met a 87 325is and 87 325es, both manual, who had the rubber biscuits. Google anecdotes lead one to believe *ALL* E30's have them. I kinda thought if it was common not to have one, Bentley and / or my ETK would acknowledge the condition exists!
    Very true! The more I read about it today, it should have one. Hmm. Wonder about those guys running without them?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

Most all the E30's have the flex disc, even my 83 E21 had one as well.

My Real M3 has the bigger 5 series disc, my 89is had a smaller one.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Thread Information