Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Spring 2009 Columbia Social Location Poll

View Poll Results: Where to hold the Columbia social in the Spring?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Champps

8 25.00%
  • Uno Chicago Grill

6 18.75%
  • Clyde's

3 9.38%
  • Pub Dog

15 46.88%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2009 Columbia Social Location Poll

Spring 2009 Columbia Social Location Poll

Its that time again to vote on a new spot to host our Columbia socials. We will be at River Hill Sports Grille through February, so we're looking to start the Spring off in grand fashion.

Here's a synopsis of the 4 locations chosen:

1) Champps - American sports bar (burgers, wings, pasta, salads, etc) with HDTVs; a great past host and old favorite. Excellent, lighted parking and located at Columbia Mall

http://www.champps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=267

2) Uno Chicago Grill - Chicago deep dish pizza, burgers, pasta, etc. Excellent, lighted parking and located at Columbia Mall

http://www.unos.com/

3) Clyde's - 'upscale American saloon food' (from their website); great atmosphere and good parking. Located at Lake Kittamaqundi across from Columbia Mall.

http://www.clydes.com/main/index.cfm

4) Pub Dog - locally owned, excellent, gourmet pizza and drafthouse. good parking and located off Dobbin Rd

http://www.pubdog.net/

Please note we have chosen these 4 places based on past experiences and member's suggestions. IMO all locations have quality food and good parking (although some better than others). These will be the only locations considered, so please cast your votes accordingly. Any other suggestions may/may not be used for future socials.

As many of you know, in the past we've always have hungout an hour before we eat. We will start at our new location on Thursday, March 12th at 6pm and the winner will be announced at the February Columbia social.

BTW, if I cant strike a deal with the winner to host our event, then i'll have to try with whoever finished #2, etc
    Last edited by pseto; 02-05-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

OK I voted and no one else has, so I guess Champps it is!!!
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

I counter your first vote with a new spot
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    I counter your first vote with a new spot
    DAMMIT, this one person, one vote thing sux. I can't counter your counter
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Time for some deep dish pizza!!!

I voted for Pub Dog. Only because Champps has really expensive beer. Both Champps and Uno's are next to the parking garage at the mall, but the service and food are lacking.

Clydes is nice, but the parking is a bit far from the place.

So I thought, let's try someplace new.
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by rrsperry View Post
    I voted for Pub Dog. Only because Champps has really expensive beer. Both Champps and Uno's are next to the parking garage at the mall, but the service and food are lacking.

Clydes is nice, but the parking is a bit far from the place.

So I thought, let's try someplace new.
    I went to Pub Dog last night to check everything out and it has a lot of potential. We should have enough parking on the outskirts of that lot and we can easily take up either the entire outside patio area or the inside bar area. Food choices are limited to just pizza and beer, but its GOOD pizza and beer

I included Champps and Unos b/c I actually like using the top level of that parking garage. We've never had any issues up there (except for the Sniz peelout and a few bogus parking warnings ) and its a convenient location.

I thought Clyde's may have some potential too, and the walk from that parking garage is about the same as the one at the mall IMO.

bump...more votes needed

Pizza for me.

No love for the Greene Turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    No love for the Greene Turtle?
    The Turtle finished 2nd in our winter poll, and I didnt want to bog down this poll with too many options. If the parking ever gets better, it'll definitely be high on the list. I think Bob tried to get the credit union to let us use the lot the last time with no success. The lot across the street at the furniture place is OK, but I don't like the idea of a bunch of people crossing McGaw Rd since there's no crosswalk or light there.

Parking is great at the mall, and Champp's has been done several times. So I voted for Uno, even though I haven't been to the restaurant in 10 years or so.

I may even show up.

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    OK I voted and no one else has, so I guess Champps it is!!!
    Gave you some assistance, but UNOS is running the table

only 14 votes so far? we have at least 25 people at each Columbia social; get your votes in please

damn, do i need to bring my laptop to Thur's social to get people to vote?

i know more than 14 people have looked at this thread

Thread Information