Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Passport BMW tag and title charges

Thread: Passport BMW tag and title charges

Red face Passport BMW tag and title charges

I just ordered a new 328i from Passport BMW which should arrive sometime in February. I managed to get the vehicle for $100 over invoice, but then flinched when I read they charge $389 for tag and title fees.

Can Maryland BMW dealers charge basically anything they want and get away with it? I was going to get tags myself but the salesman said because I will be financing through BMW I cannot - they must do the paperwork.

Anyone with experience in this area??

Quote Originally Posted by Swooz View Post
    Anyone with experience in this area??
    It's been that way in every state I ever bought a car.

They need to eat too, don't they?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I thought the "doc" fee a dealer could charge was capped at $99 in MD. Did the law change recently? If the fees are strictly for title and tags, then those are dictated by the DMV (or whatever it's called in Maryland).

tag etc, fee

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    I thought the "doc" fee a dealer could charge was capped at $99 in MD. Did the law change recently? If the fees are strictly for title and tags, then those are dictated by the DMV (or whatever it's called in Maryland).
    The last time I checked, last June, the cost of tags, title and registration in Maryland was $294 (less than 3,700 lbs). All of that goes to the MVA. If the total was higher then a Processing Fee for the paper work, leg work, etc. is included. It is worth every penny of your time. And, consider the cost of $299 for Processing Fees when buying a car in Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    It's a little late now, but you need to negotiate everything up front. Over or under invoice is somewhat meaningless when other things get tacked on later. All that counts is how many dollars out the door. And, yes, get it in writing and read the fine print.

Vic
    BINGO!!

Out the door cost in writing is the key!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Thread Information