Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Passport BMW
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Passport BMW

Cool Passport BMW

I had a conversation with Bogdan during the MoCo social and it appears that Passport wants to become the NCC central for our club. They are currently offering to host two DIY's, Board of Director's meetings and become a starting point for any tours we would like to begin from their location. Lastly, their planning an Octoberfest this year at their location as well as a Party to celibrate the roll out of the new 7 series. My number one concern would be is Suitland MD to much off the beaten path for the Board of Director's crowd. Input is desired and appreicated.
    Last edited by Zchild; 12-19-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

If Joern Esser is still there, he might want to explain the European Delivery program to members. Maybe do it the same day as a DIY?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Smile new DIY spot

Hi Zach and the rest of the bimmer family,
    Suitlant or Marlo Heights is a bit out of the way but not that far vs manassas. I bought my first Ford (back in the day) next door to passport. The good thing is it is right off I 95 and Branch Ave. It is also around the corner of Andrews Air Base which has many military personnel coming in and out of the base. Good source for new members. So I am fine with the location as an alternate. Bob Stern had tried to get another DIY spot near Baltimore without success. It takes me a good Hour to get from Pikesville, MD to Marlo Heights were the dealer is. I am sure that Passport wants to build long lasting and deep relationship with bimmer owners so when the economy improves you have good customer base for repeat business. For social meetings it is a bit far for travel but board meetings good alternative. I am for it all the way around.

I thought a lot more about this since last night and have a few thoughts. I'm all for Passport being our 'flagship' dealership; its been great working with them in the past and I'd like to broaden our relationship going forward. They have a fantastic facility/staff, especially for DIYs, and plenty of conference space if we hold our board meetings there.

However, IMO Tim set a great precedent of opening up our board meetings and incorporating a social beforehand. I thought that brought in some folks that wouldnt have shown up otherwise and that creates more opportunities for people to get more involved in the chapter (thats how I got sucked in ).

If we keep this format going forward, then I'd rather have our meetings someplace else; preferably a place where we can just handle club business and not have to worry about bringing in food. I wouldnt be opposed to having a few board meetings there, but I'd prefer a bar/restaurant with a dedicated meeting place.

There are other opportunites we can use Passport, like charity events, car washes, tech sessions, etc. and that would be a great place to do those things. Its also a fairly central location to our chapter footprint since its probably equidistant from the outskirts of NoVA, the Baltimore area, and even MD Eastern Shore.
    Last edited by pseto; 12-19-2008 at 09:16 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thumbs up new DIY spot

Hi Paul, I have ditto your response. Good points.

I think picking one dealer as a "flagship" is irresponsible. Unless Passport is going to donate a gross amount of money to us to be the "flagship", I'm completely against it. 100%.

Make one friend, create five enemies... but this seems to be the way the club is heading.

Am I saying that we shouldn't do events with Passport? Hell no. But should we show favortism to one business? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 12-19-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I think picking one dealer as a "flagship" is irresponsible. Unless Passport is going to donate a gross amount of money to us to be the "flagship", I'm completely against it. 100%.

Make one friend, create five enemies... but this seems to be the way the club is heading.

Am I saying that we shouldn't do events with Passport? Hell no. But should we show favortism to one business? Absolutely not.
    In theory, I agree and that would be a concern we'd have to address if we did hold our board meetings there and/or 'publicize' them as being our flagship. I'd like to have a great working relationship with all local dealers, however, in hard times like these, they are the only dealer seeming to want to play ball.

I think we should limit our involvement with them to just hosting certain events and in no way say they are our flagship dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

I couldn't agree more. Times are pretty hard for BMW and the dealers right now and the NCC area is wide one.

Is Passport going to offer 20% off real MSRP on parts to their members like Tischer?

It's a slippery slope aligning with one dealer. And when that contact is no longer there then what?

Edit: This doesn't seem to be the same chapter I joined 11 years ago.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 12-19-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

All points are very good. We should have a good working relationship with all dealers. We are a large group, therefore, we should have some leverage. We should not be beholden to one dealer but share our resources with the ones who like to work with us.

Cool

You guys are bring up excellent points as well as great ideas which is why I posted this thread. I'm not suggesting in any way we jump completely into bed with one Dealership, but asking you guys to access both the Pros and the Cons of what a healthy relationship looks like between us and Passport BMW. One that doesn't compromise our values, goals or hinders our membership. Keep the comments flowing, because this is our club and should go in the direction that best suits the membership at large. Thanks folks. Just my two and a half cents worth.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

yep. The more comments the better the discussion. By driving a bimmer we are making statements. We take an interest in the vehicles we drive and the care that goes with it. Each dealership is like any business which requires customers and foot traffic. No foot traffic no customers and no dealership. Again we have a large membership in MD, DC,VA region that stands for something. Whoever opens their door to us we should extend our hand too without full commitment.

I believe we should just get Passport to signup for both DIYs and another event to be determined at a later date. They stepped up to the plate when we were looking to finalize our 09 calendar. If other dealers wanna play ball, then if we can fit them in, fine.

I'll always continue to ask my contacts at Tischer and Russel to become more involved since I'm there all the time and they've treated us well in the past.

looking at past DIY comments and pic of Russell & Passport it seems that they were forthcoming in the hosting of DIY. Not sure if they have made repeated attempts to be on the calender for 2009? If they want our business then they need to make an extra effort to reach out to the club.

Banned
    Passport for years has gone out its way for years to sponsor events for the chapter and allow us to use the dealership for events.

Having a flagship dealer in todays economy could be challenging. Will Passport be around next month or next year. Out of all the local dealerships they are the most likely to suffer the most because of the economic downturn/recession/Depression. Or maybe not.

Other problem is the neighborhood and location is dangerous and has a high crime rate.

Chapter should encourage and market itself to all the local dealerships.
    Hey they need our business even in tough times we should be able to play one against the others to get the best deal for chapter members. And that should be the goal of board and club officers.

Now I applaud Passport for taking the initiative. But no they can be one of many. Unless they want to make us offers we cant refuse.

I guess we should be lucky it wasnt the crooks and rip off artists at BMW of Sterling who made the offer.

Dave Apker and the collies

mmm.... I have to take issue about neighborhood perception and crime stats. Keep in mind you are at a major artery of highways. I 95 exit and Branch Ave are heavily traveled routes so you are not talking about certain areas of Capital Heights or DC that you should not be no matter what time of the day. You have Kaiser Permanente Heath facility and seafood restaurants around the corner from the dealership. I feel safe when I visit the area. Also you have green line metro stop(Branch Ave) close by. So its safe.

Thread Information