Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC Winter Drive
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NCC Winter Drive

Hybrid View

NCC Winter Drive

WHAT: NCC Winter Drive to Catoctin Mountain Orchard http://www.catoctinmountainorchard.com in Thurmont, MD (near Camp David). This is the last chance to re-stock before Catoctin Mountain Orchard close until May 1. People have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies. They are that good. CMO is a mom & pop operation specializing in homemade pies either cooked or frozen uncooked. They also have fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider.
    Note: I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time. CMO recommends we call ahead since we are a large group. Again this is the last day they will be open until May, so they may only have a limited number stocked. The pies can be ordered freshly baked or uncooked frozen. On the dry run some people brought a cooler w/ them to keep their pies from sliding around in the trunk. When you place your order, reference the NCC Winter Drive as the group you are with. The pies range in price from $8.95-$10.95. Check their site for the different types of pie.
    IMPORTANT: I have spoken w/ CMO and they have asked that emails and call-in orders be deadlined by 2 days before we arrive.

We will then continue on to Schmankerl Stube (www.schmankerlstube.com) in Hagerstown for lunch. They have excellent authentic German food. The owner is from Munich. I have been there twice and the food was like being back in Munich. You can't go wrong with anything on their menu. There is also a copy of their menu on the site. The restaurant comes highly recommended by Joern Esser (CA @ Passport and Munich native), also everyone that has been there w/ me has had high praise for the food. The lunch menu is reasonably priced @ around $10/entree.
    There is a parking garage about 1 1/2 blocks from the restaurant which is free on the weekends. When myself, Paul and a few others went up the lot was completely empty when we arrived and when we departed. So, issues w/ door ding and other damage will not be a problem.
    From Schmankerl Stube we will travel to Lost Creek Vineyard in Leesburg, Va. for wine tasting. Afterwards you can either go home or hit the Leesburg Outlets.
    The route I have chosen is full of fun, empty twisty roads. This will be a fun day for just a drive w/ people whom share your obsession. Here are the pics and reviews from the dry run some of us did on Dec. 20th: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192503. Everyone only did from Sugarloaf to Schmankerl Stube, which is the first 1/2 of the drive. The rest of the drive is just as fun.

WHEN: January 31, 2009 @ 0830 SHARP
    RAINDATE: February 1, 2009 CMO will be open

WHERE:
    Depart West view of Sugarloaf Mountain in Dickerson, MD. To get to the West View of Sugarloaf Mtn:
    From Northbound 270 take exit 22. From Southbound 270 take exit 22.
    How to get to the top of Sugarloaf Mtn from I-270:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.109863&z=13.
    Coming from either direction, if you come to 355 you went the wrong way. Follow Route 109 Old Hundred Rd. roughly 2.9 miles to Comus Rd. Turn right on Comus Rd. (there will be a sign on the corner pointing to Sugarloaf Mountain), travel 2.4 miles to the entrance of Sugarloaf Mtn. Once you come through the open gates into the little lot, look to your right and you will see two little roads. Look to your right you will see a white sign w/ green writing on it at the entrance to the road and a little cabin just beyond the open wooden gate. Follow that road to the top of the mountain to the West View, about ½ mile. This should be a fun day to be had by all.
    The address to enter into your Nav to get to the base of the Sugarloaf Mtn:
    7901 Comus Rd, Dickerson, MD 20842

Folks coming from Va the caravan meeting point to Sugarloaf Mtn has changed from the Tysons Corner Dunkin Donuts. We will now meet up with a few of the MD people @ Montgomery Mall on the Westlake Terrace side parking lot. We will depart for Sugarloaf @ 0745 SHARP!!!
    If you have nav put in this address: 7100 Westlake Terrace
    Bethesda, MD 20817
    Use this link to see where we are meeting: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=7100+Westlake +Terrace+Bethesda,+md&sll=39.026206,-77.14377&sspn=0.001688,0.003449&ie=UTF8&ll=39.0273 85,-77.143378&spn=0.006751,0.013797&t=h&z=16&iwloc=add r

Pls use the registration link to register for the Drive: http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=details&id=109%3Awinter-tour&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=46
    Click on RSVP to register. If you are not a BMWCCA member this is a great time to join the largest chapter. There will be plenty of members on hand to answer your questions.
    It is only $40 per year and $5 for associate member (must live @ same address). Join @ www.bmwcca.org

You do not have to be a club member to join us on the Winter Drive, but why not take advantage of all the club has to offer. You will recoup your $40 in the first month of membership if you come to one Social, one DIY, and use your card at any BMW dealership for parts or any of the indy shops that are club freindly.
    Use my # 369006 as the referring member.

Feel free to contact me w/ questions about the club and of course about the Winter Drive.

Feel free to PM me or email @ harlemknights02@verizon.net

List thus far registered via NCC site:
    pseto - nccbmwcca.org, e90post.com, X5world.com, 6speedonline.com
    bimmernupe - nccbmwcca.org, e90post.com, bimmerfest.com
    mcoupemindy - nccbmwcca.org
    setpole - nccbmwcca.org
    ryamada - nccbmwcca.org
    jdhikel - nccbmwcca.org
    lmishler - nccbmwcca.org
    djmitchell - nccbmwcca.org
    dfollett - nccbmwcca.org
    DougD - nccbmwcca.org
    DougV - nccbmwcca.org
    mkhartka - nccbmwcca.org
    Markshaffer - nccbmwcca.org
    JohnGarziglia - nccbmwcca.org
    tomsm3 - nccbmwcca.org
    rordeman - nccbmwcca.org
    sinister M5 - nccbmwcca.org
    jdn45 - nccbmwcca.org
    kbuckham - nccbmwcca.org
    abrown - nccbmwcca.org
    carolh - nccbmwcca.org
    dwhite - nccbmwcca.org
    ibmorales - nccbmwcca.org
    viking056 - nccbmwcca.org
    pluzwick - nccbmwcca.org
    sandberg - nccbmwcca.org
    bubbletea 4 me - e90post.com, nccbmwcca.org, 6speedonline.com
    Pmotorsports - e90post.com, nccbmwcca.org
    sirantsE90 - e90post.com
    Ted - m5board.com, nccbmwcca.org
    superfluid - m5board.com
    mihink - m3forum.net, e90post.com, nccbmwcca.org
    The Man - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    RRSperry - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    mscire2 - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    Vinh - bimmerforums.com
    ohnoes - bimmerforums.com
    amsfoto - 1addicts.com, nccbmwcca.org
    CoolToolGuy - 1addicts.com, nccbmwcca.org
    one 35i - 1addicts.com
    JAY'545 - e60.net, nccbmwcca.org
    jjsigpi - e60.net
    Zchild - e46fanatics.com, nccbmwcca.org
    RSITNICK - e46Fanatics, bimmerfest, bimmerForums
    mrkbbd - X5world.com, e46fanatics.com, nccbmwcca.org
    NCSurfer - e30tech.com, bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    EvilTwin - e30tech.com, bimmerforums.com
    jkchkearney

List of said they are going or possibly, but have not registered
    SpongeBob - nccbmwcca.org
    bimmer325imt - nccbmwcca.org
    Munchenman2 - nccbmwcca.org (MAYBE)
    BMWGator - e90post.com
    driftmotion - 1addicts.com
    hts - bimmerfest.com
    8speed - 6speedonline.com
    Bull30 - 6speedonline.com

Weird - your Google map link but me near Coffeyville at the OK/Kansas border!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Yeah. That link needs to be updated for sure.

you guys dont know Algee very well obviously. We're heading towards Hagerstown via Kansas; makes sense to me.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Link fixed

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    you guys dont know Algee very well obviously. We're heading towards Hagerstown via Kansas; makes sense to me.
    What you guys have a problem w/ travelling to Kansas in order to get to Hagerstown.

The link is fixed

WHAT: NCC Winter Drive to Catoctin Mountain Orchard http://www.catoctinmountainorchard.com in Thurmont, MD (near Camp David). This is the last chance to re-stock before Catoctin Mountain Orchard close until May 1. People have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies. They are that good. CMO is a mom & pop operation specializing in homemade pies either cooked or frozen uncooked. They also have fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider.
    NOTE: I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time. CMO recommends we call ahead since we are a large group. Again this is the last day they will be open until May, so they may only have a limited number stocked. The pies can be ordered freshly baked or uncooked frozen. On the dry run some people brought a cooler w/ them to keep their pies from sliding around in the trunk. When you place your order, reference the NCC Winter Drive as the group you are with. The pies range in price from $8.95-$10.95. Check their site for the different types of pie.
    IMPORTANT: I have spoken w/ CMO and they have asked that emails and call-in orders be deadlined by 2 days before we arrive.

We will then continue on to Schmankerl Stube (www.schmankerlstube.com) in Hagerstown for lunch. They have excellent authentic German food. The owner is from Munich. I have been there twice and the food was like being back in Munich. You can't go wrong with anything on their menu. There is also a copy of their menu on the site. The restaurant comes highly recommended by Joern Esser (CA @ Passport and Munich native), also everyone that has been there w/ me has had high praise for the food. The lunch menu is reasonably priced @ around $10/entree.
    There is a parking garage about 1 1/2 blocks from the restaurant which is free on the weekends. When myself, Paul and a few others went up the lot was completely empty when we arrived and when we departed. So, issues w/ door ding and other damage will not be a problem.
    From Schmankerl Stube we will travel to Lost Creek Vineyard in Leesburg, Va. for wine tasting. Afterwards you can either go home or hit the Leesburg Outlets.
    The route I have chosen is full of fun, empty twisty roads. This will be a fun day for just a drive w/ people whom share your obsession. Here are the pics and reviews from the dry run some of us did on Dec. 20th: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192503. Everyone only did from Sugarloaf to Schmankerl Stube, which is the first 1/2 of the drive. The rest of the drive is just as fun.

WHEN:
    January 31, 2009 @ 0830 SHARP
    RAINDATE: February 1, 2009 CMO will be open

WHERE:
    Depart West view of Sugarloaf Mountain in Dickerson, MD. To get to the West View of Sugarloaf Mtn:
    From Northbound 270 take exit 22. From Southbound 270 take exit 22.
    How to get to the top of Sugarloaf Mtn from I-270:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.109863&z=13.
    Coming from either direction, if you come to 355 you went the wrong way. Follow Route 109 Old Hundred Rd. roughly 2.9 miles to Comus Rd. Turn right on Comus Rd. (there will be a sign on the corner pointing to Sugarloaf Mountain), travel 2.4 miles to the entrance of Sugarloaf Mtn. Once you come through the open gates into the little lot, look to your right and you will see two little roads. Look to your right you will see a white sign w/ green writing on it at the entrance to the road and a little cabin just beyond the open wooden gate. Follow that road to the top of the mountain to the West View, about ½ mile. This should be a fun day to be had by all.
    The address to enter into your Nav to get to the base of the Sugarloaf Mtn:
    7901 Comus Rd, Dickerson, MD 20842

Folks coming from Va the caravan meeting point to Sugarloaf Mtn has changed from the Tysons Corner Dunkin Donuts. We will now meet up with a few of the MD people @ Montgomery Mall on the Westlake Terrace side parking lot. We will depart for Sugarloaf @ 0745 SHARP!!!
    If you have nav put in this address:
    7100 Westlake Terrace
    Bethesda, MD 20817
    Use this link to see where we are meeting: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=16&iwloc=addr

Pls use the registration link to register for the Drive: http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=...list&Itemid=46
    Click on RSVP to register. If you are not a BMWCCA member this is a great time to join the largest chapter. There will be plenty of members on hand to answer your questions.
    It is only $40 per year and $5 for associate member (must live @ same address). Join @ www.bmwcca.org

You do not have to be a club member to join us on the Winter Drive, but why not take advantage of all the club has to offer. You will recoup your $40 in the first month of membership if you come to one Social, one DIY, and use your card at any BMW dealership for parts or any of the indy shops that are club freindly.
    Use my # 369006 as the referring member.
    Feel free to contact me w/ questions about the club and of course about the Winter Drive.

Feel free to PM me or email @ harlemknights02@verizon.net

FINAL REGISTERED LIST via NCC site:
    pseto +1 - nccbmwcca.org, e90post.com, X5world.com, 6speedonline.com
    bimmernupe +1 - nccbmwcca.org, e90post.com, bimmerfest.com, bimmerforums.com, e90fanatics.com, m3forums.net, e46fanatics.com, 318ti.org, m5board.com, e60.net, z4-forum.com, 1addicts.com, x5world.com, n54tech.com, s14.net, e30tech.com, r3vlimited.com, 6speedonline.com
    mcoupemindy +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    setpole - nccbmwcca.org
    ryamada +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    jdhikel - nccbmwcca.org
    lmishler +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    djmitchell - nccbmwcca.org
    Wildcats64 +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    DougD - nccbmwcca.org
    DougV +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    mkhartka +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    Markshaffer +3 - nccbmwcca.org
    JohnGarziglia +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    tomsm3 +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    rordeman +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    sinister M5 +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    jdn45 +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    kbuckham - nccbmwcca.org
    abrown +2 - nccbmwcca.org
    carolh +2 - nccbmwcca.org
    cmhanchak +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    dwhite - nccbmwcca.org
    ibmorales +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    viking056 +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    pluzwick +2 - nccbmwcca.org
    sandberg +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    bimmer325imt - nccbmwcca.org
    jransom +1 - nccbmwcca.org
    bubbletea 4 me +1 - e90post.com, nccbmwcca.org, 6speedonline.com
    Pmotorsports +1 - e90post.com, nccbmwcca.org
    sirantsE90 +1 - e90post.com
    Ted +1 - m5board.com, nccbmwcca.org
    superfluid - m5board.com
    mihink - m3forum.net, e90post.com, nccbmwcca.org
    Carnag3 +1 - m3forum.net, 6speedonline.com, bimmerforum.com, e46fanatics.com, absolutelydriven.com
    The Man - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    RRSperry - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    mscire2 +1 - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    Vinh +1 - bimmerforums.com
    ohnoes - bimmerforums.com
    busterhax - bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    amsfoto +1 - 1addicts.com, nccbmwcca.org
    CoolToolGuy +1 - 1addicts.com, nccbmwcca.org
    one 35i +1 - 1addicts.com
    JAY'545 - e60.net, nccbmwcca.org
    jjsigpi - e60.net
    Zchild +1 - e46fanatics.com, nccbmwcca.org
    RSITNICK - e46Fanatics, bimmerfest, bimmerForums
    mrkbbd +1 - X5world.com, e46fanatics.com, nccbmwcca.org
    NCSurfer +1 - e30tech.com, bimmerforums.com, nccbmwcca.org
    EvilTwin +1 - e30tech.com, bimmerforums.com, R3vlimited.com
    jkchkearney +1
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 01-27-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Red face You can't keep changing a tour...

I already had Friday night reservations in Ohio, since it would take so long to get there for the start...
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    I already had Friday night reservations in Ohio, since it would take so long to get there for the start...
    The people have spoken Bob. So we will not travel over the Applachian Mtns. for this drive.
    I tried to sneak it past everyone.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 12-24-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

That's a road trip!
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

If you get bored, there are still a bunch of past tours at
    http://old.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?tours_past_events
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Don't forget to take out insurance for the event and sign insurance waivers since this appears to be an NCC event.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Are winter tires mandatory? I'm sure this tour will occur rain or shine (or snow or ice or ...).

Oh, I forgot, Maryland is a southern state. Thank goodness for global warming.

Vic
    I would say summer tires may be a bad idea anytime temps are below 45 degrees per Tire Rack.
    But since this drive is mainly mountain roads use your discretion.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 12-28-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    I would say summer tires may be a bad idea anytime temps are below 45 degrees per tire rack.
    But since this drive is mainly mountain roads use your discretion.
    Okay then. Hoosier's it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Okay then. Hoosier's it is.
    I can't wait
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Are winter tires mandatory? I'm sure this tour will occur rain or shine (or snow or ice or ...).

Oh, I forgot, Maryland is a southern state. Thank goodness for global warming.

Vic
    is there a rain date? if so, then no pies
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    is there a rain date? if so, then no pies
    That is correct. CMO close Feb 2 - May 1
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 12-27-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Thread Information