Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2009 Detroit Grand Prix (ALMS) cancelled.

Thread: 2009 Detroit Grand Prix (ALMS) cancelled.

2009 Detroit Grand Prix (ALMS) cancelled.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20081218/FREE/812189976

The hits just keep on coming.

Longtime CART and IndyCar Series team owner Roger Penske--who spearheads the event in his role as chairman of the Downtown Detroit Partnership--informed the Indy Racing League and American Le Mans Series that the race will not be held in 2009. Penske told AutoWeek that Audi's recent decision to effectively quit the ALMS in 2009, combined with Porsche pulling the plug on its factory RS Spyder prototype program--a program Penske's team ran--hurt the race, as did Detroit's poor economy overall.
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

Not surprised... that city is a mess.. it can barely support itself right now, much less the requirments for a major event such as the ALMS. :-(
    Paul V.
    NCC Concours Chair Emeritus (1991-2004)
    So many cars..so little time!!

Yea that city is a mess. I lived there in 2002 and waited exactly one year (relocation agreement) and got the hell out.

I read an article that abandon homes are being knocked down in some cases because it cost too much to keep up.

At least they, Detroit, got their bail out. That will go far and save them. I cant wait for them to turn around the companies in a year. All the cars will have 500hp and 500 mpg with a safety system which prevents all accidents.

Jared
    Called Ben Cardin for my bail out, but was told i was not a big enough corporation. WTF

I dunno... I doubt Detroit's woes are a factor here, Penske just decided to pull his funds. If anything, I'm sure they'd like to have it there, as it's got to generate some revenue for the city. They're still doing the Detroit marathon (foot race) next year, and that's got to require some logistical planning/investment as well. As far as the bailouts, too OT for me.
    www.tenfifteen.net

Good point.
    www.tenfifteen.net

bailout

Quote Originally Posted by 87325is View Post
    Yea that city is a mess. I lived there in 2002 and waited exactly one year (relocation agreement) and got the hell out.

I read an article that abandon homes are being knocked down in some cases because it cost too much to keep up.

At least they, Detroit, got their bail out. That will go far and save them. I cant wait for them to turn around the companies in a year. All the cars will have 500hp and 500 mpg with a safety system which prevents all accidents.

Jared
    Called Ben Cardin for my bail out, but was told i was not a big enough corporation. WTF
    You need to call Obama, he's going to get us all a check from Warren Buffett! They said mine is in the mail.

Thread Information