Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW Club Racing Rules to expand classes

Thread: BMW Club Racing Rules to expand classes

BMW Club Racing Rules to expand classes

BMWCCA Club Racing has announced they will recognize classes from other sanctioning bodies such as SCCA and NASA. In the past if you wanted to run your SpecE30 racer it fit into BMWCCA's K-Prepared, but KP rules allowed many additional modifications that rendered the SpecE30 non-competitiive. As I interpret this announcement, the chapter hosting the Club Race can allow the SpecE30 entries to compete in their own SpecE30 class. This rule should also encourage BMWs built to NASA's GTS classes and SCCA's Improved Touring classes to have their own home in BMW Club Racing.

http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/HotNews.aspx?seq=62
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I think this is great news that should encourage more cars to race with BMWCCA CR.

Wonder if this also will make it easier for Spec E36 and NASA's upcoming Spec3 to race with each other.

i think the new wording sucks. it kicks us scca racers out of the prepared classes we have been racing in. now we will be stuck racing in "foreign" classes with no other cars. they should have just admitted spec e30 as a class and maybe spec3. those were the targets. the dual classed scca cars are now collateral damage of the rule change.

as i said on the bf.com site, i would rather get smoked by dave white and take second in a 10 car JP class than take first in a one car ITR "foreign" class.

there will not be enough crossover cars in the IT classes to make a race in bmwcca. actually, there may not be any more from any other sanctioning body. most folks will not want to go through the hassles of getting the required bmwcca racing license and putting all the bmwcca required sponsor decals all over there car. there are very few nut cases like me willing to do that.
    Last edited by mlytle; 12-12-2008 at 10:18 PM.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, so slap me if I am. But I think this question is related: what does it take to get a BMW CR license?

The Getting Started page at the CR site talks about racing schools (not "driver schools") that use street cars and not much else. Who provides the car? I'm certainly not bringing my 11-year old FWD Lexus. My BMW, which is being prepped for SCCA racing, is a single-seater.

SCCA trains drivers in their own cars without ride-along instruction. They state clearly the requirements for obtaining a license either through SCCA schools or any number of alternate accredited means (including BMW CR).

The BMW CR rulebook doesn't say anything about how to obtain a license nor does it state that BMWCCA honors comp licenses from other sanctioning bodies. Am I missing something?
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Who provides the car?
    Your car.
    You might want to talk with James Clay. He's the regional CR rep.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

your own car.

bmwcca cr does not recognise lic's from other sanctioningn bodies. you must have a bmw lic to race with bmw cr. you can, however, use an scca lic to get a rookie bmwcca lic. no need to attend bmw cr race school if you already have a lic from scca.

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    i think the new wording sucks. it kicks us scca racers out of the prepared classes we have been racing in. now we will be stuck racing in "foreign" classes with no other cars. they should have just admitted spec e30 as a class and maybe spec3. those were the targets. the dual classed scca cars are now collateral damage of the rule change.

as i said on the bf.com site, i would rather get smoked by dave white and take second in a 10 car JP class than take first in a one car ITR "foreign" class.
    Marshall, can't you chose to run your SCCA ITR car in JP rather than the "foreign ITR" class?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

not the way the announcement reads. all "foreign" cars would run in "foreign" classes. a maxed out ITR car is illegal in prepared. we can only run there because there are special allowances. this announcement appears to negate the allowances.

no more JP, no more national points for SCCA cars.

Thread Information