Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Honda to Sell F1 Team

Thread: Honda to Sell F1 Team

Honda to Sell F1 Team

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...Allen&id=44706

Bad timing for Button. Although it's a surprise, Honda has been sucking wind ever since they bought BAR. The 2007 season was an unmitigated disaster and 2008 wasn't much better.
    Scott Lowrey

Paving the way for Honda in NASCAR??? ...or maybe just freeing up more money for their IndyCar backing... or they don't care for the direction F1 is headed?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Paving the way for Honda in NASCAR??? ...or maybe just freeing up more money for their IndyCar backing... or they don't care for the direction F1 is headed?
    FWD in NASCAR?, I guess it'll be ok, the Camry does ok!, or they could run an S2000.

I agree, probably a good decision for Honda. While there is very real name recognition to be had in F1, they have struggled mightily to be even mid-pack, as has Toyota (their main rival) till the end of '08. They were already behind the curve, and the extensive technical rule changes for '09 would probably just make it worse.
    In addition, the loss of the 2 American events means there is less name-placement to be gained in their largest market. I read often how other street-car manufacturers in F1 are very unhappy about this as well. How many people in Bejing are going to by BMW's?? A few, sure, but nothing compared to the U.S.
    I think the Pacific asian countries are getting huge (huge!) government backing for these venues and events to get the national recognition the politicians lust after.

Favorite Rubins quasi-quote from 2008, I think. Something like:
    "Our car is quite amazing. It's amazing in that we never thought a car could be this bad..."
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Oh, and bye the way, no problem for Honda to get into Nascar. No car in Nascar has had much to do with a production vehicle for about 20 years, and with the advent of the C.O.T, absolutely no connection to a production vehicle. After all, this is STOCK CAR racing!
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Quote Originally Posted by slantsixm3 View Post
    How many people in Bejing are going to by BMW's?? A few, sure, but nothing compared to the U.S.
    I think BMW considers China a huge potential market. Didn't they establish an assembly plant in China a few years ago?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information