Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Arial pictures of new Summit Point skid pad and tracks

Thread: Arial pictures of new Summit Point skid pad and tracks

Post Arial pictures of new Summit Point skid pad and tracks

You can see where the new skid pad is relative to the track and its size.

If only they'd spend some of that money to get the main circuit straightened out for good and how about adding some new bleachers?

You are my new hero! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    If only they'd spend some of that money to get the main circuit straightened out for good and how about adding some new bleachers?
    I drove the main track the last two days with NASA and think it's in great shape.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Herr Hair--
    Life is so easy...How many of these crybabies do you think could break a 1:45 on the old SPR in a 320i? Perhaps they should be in a pen with Apker to whine at the moon and allow easy passing for the real women and men.

Banned
    Dwight neither the track or your car can think for themselves. Takes a lot more skill to work as team with your dog to move sheep then it does t drive around Summit Point or run an autocross.

I always liked Summit Point when the pavement was patched etc.
    Enjoyed the challenge. Remember the good ole days when the pavement was polished so smooth by tires and grit that folks would fall on their asses when we held track talks in the chute.

And in my experience instructers were always the biggest whiners. Always reminded me of a bunch of diva drag queens who just put a run in their hose or broke a heel.

Dave Apker and the collies

I am excited about the skidpad complex. I wanna know if one will be able to use all the pads at once, you know to do figure "8"s and other sliding games.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    I am excited about the skidpad complex. I wanna know if one will be able to use all the pads at once, you know to do figure "8"s and other sliding games.
    If you have the $$$ to rent it out, I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    If you have the $$$ to rent it out, I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want.

Oh no, Never tell Bob he can do whatever he wants, that could get real ugly, real fast!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Oh no, Never tell Bob he can do whatever he wants, that could get real ugly, real fast!
    We had nearly that type of freedom yesterday at the Kimpel Annual Skidpad Invitational yesterday. It was awesome with two 4 hour blocks of skidpad sweetness. There was slush and ice and more fun than one could deserve. Dereck (AKA "Twiddle fingers stumble thumbs") even brought an over the shoulder bolder holder for reasons not understood. Despite the footloose and fancy free nature of the event compared to school skidpad sessions, no damage was done to any cars. Wish you were there Chuck.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Note that the KASI that Bob talks about was on the regular Summit Point skid pad and most of the ice was gone by the afternoon when he got there.

A drifting event was being held on the Jefferson Circuit and the new Triple Skid Pad facility. Early in the morning the track management invited us to go tryout the TSP. I chose to run the far circle and it was covered with a fine layer of dust which made it quite easy to get the rear end hung out. But part of the circle had ice and a big puddle. Not wanting to embarrass myself with a spin into the mud in front of a bunch of experienced drifters, I only did a few laps of the circle. I was encourage by the guy in charge to try some of the small curved pieces of asphalt that connected the big circles, but chose not to. The slight elevation changes makes it difficult to pick out where these roads are and where they go at speed. All morning we could hear calls on the general radio net asking for tow trucks to retrieve drifters that were stuck in the mud off the pavement.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    most of the ice was gone by the afternoon when he got there....
    Not wanting to embarrass myself with a spin into the mud in front of a bunch of experienced drifters, I only did a few laps of the circle...
    The ice was back for the last half hour or so. My poor cones were full of icy mud slush.

I can't believe you wimped out for fear of winding up in the mud at the TSP. You located the dangers; you just needed to plan around them. If I'd have known, I would have been more than happy to go over and try to make a boob of myself in front of the drifters.

I wanna see Brian's video of me trying to run into the back of him. I almost got him. His shifting back and forth between 2nd and 3rd tail out was very nice!
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Brian even tried 4th gear at one point and that didn't work out well.

I was in the car with him seeing how good his "total" car control was asking him to do all of them at once, wipers/AC/radio/shifting/cruise control/countersteering....he could almost do everything in a slide.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information